STEP CHILDREN

Old May 29th 2008, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STEP CHILDREN

Arrrgh my eyes are burning. I've been printing off and highlighting all the bits and pieces you recommended Clarissageo. Then I've printed off info about all the Primary schools in Cambridge and surrounds, and all info about Cambridge High. Which sounds a great deal better than our local comp and has approx 800 less students! Copied latest ERO reports too. So, I've made a start with all the stuff I need for solicitor next week.
Well, how's it going with everyone else? Any more news?
Old May 29th 2008, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

Lots of info isn't their.....
Doing the same as yourself getting things ready to present to solicitor next week... it would be good if it only takes a couple of letters to get things sorted...
Time will tell........................................
Old May 29th 2008, 9:58 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

here's another tip, I dont know if your ex's will try raise it or not, but my ex used the......

'crime rates in the USA are much higher than the UK, theres lots of gun crime and its a really violent place'

Drop onto the Home office website and you can print off the crime figures for the UK, and by area - then go to the equivelant part of the government website of NZ and do a comparison - dont forget to take into account the size of the area you are comparing.

For example - when we did it, Ohio (where we are moving to) is the size of england! yet crime figures in england are FOUR TIMES higher, than the WHOLE of the USA.... kinda pee'd all over his argument

Also, and you may want to check this with your lawyer as it may be different for NZ, some countries will not enforce an order made in the UK.... (the USA is one of them).... so for the order that is being produced, if the country you are going to wont enforce it, the ex will need to get a mirror order... if he doesn't.... it cant be enforced Just bare it in mind when you list your proposals for contact....
Old May 30th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again Clarissageo, just checked stats, not a lot of difference as I live in Devon and we're probably a bit spoilt down here. Still Waikato region is a bit lower so he wouldn't be able to use that against us.
On another point, I read in one of the links that if you are planning to move for purely a lifestyle change then you are not likely to be successful in your Application to Remove. Well, that IS our major reason. So do I make something up? Pretend I'm a career minded soul? Ideas anyone?
Old May 30th 2008, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Thanks again Clarissageo, just checked stats, not a lot of difference as I live in Devon and we're probably a bit spoilt down here. Still Waikato region is a bit lower so he wouldn't be able to use that against us.
On another point, I read in one of the links that if you are planning to move for purely a lifestyle change then you are not likely to be successful in your Application to Remove. Well, that IS our major reason. So do I make something up? Pretend I'm a career minded soul? Ideas anyone?
wouldnt worry about that....we said we wer moving for the better life etc...and better opportunities for kids etc....
Old May 30th 2008, 10:37 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I think what that means is rather than just saying 'its a better life', demonstrate HOW it is better, and better for the Kids, not you. What is unique to NZ that you simply cant get in the UK and makes it better for the kids - Try not to think about the material things ie: we can have a bigger house, and a nicer car so that will make the kids happy - look at things like what is in the local community, after school clubs, hospital waiting lists, the social demographics of the area your going to be living in, things like that.

I wasnt really faced with the better life issue too much, because ours was a remarriage case and my hubby is a USC, so that was the 'core' of our case, ours was based more on the childrens happiness as part of a 'new' family.
Old May 30th 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Found a website with reference to crime statistics in New Zealand for different regions along with a break down to what type of crime..
www.police.nz/service/statistics
Old May 30th 2008, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by squiddley
Hi
Found a website with reference to crime statistics in New Zealand for different regions along with a break down to what type of crime..
www.police.nz/service/statistics
Yup, been there done that!! Also printed off a list of all the Clubs available in the area.Downloaded exaples of Health Insurance costs. Damn I'm getting good at this
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Now then......next installment..
Well the letter from the solicitor went off today to my wife's ex-husband reference my step children....Got all our points over,and shall we say the letter has been wrote 'In a very strong manner',he has 7 days to reply ,also in the letter is a form of authority for him to sign(which has to be witnessed)....

Also at the weekend we have submitted an EOI.
Originally we were going down WTR route (look at previous threads and posts).The reason for this as we now seem to have a bit of time on our hands now after speaking to our prospective employers..So fingers crossed we get picked out..
We have sort some advice on this matter,and it was suggested that we do this ,in the mean time if the matter of the step children sorts it's self out,we shall apply for a temporary work visa while we are waiting for PR..

So fingers crossed ,and time will tell
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good luck Squiddley
Got my appointment with solicitor on Thursday, see what her advice is..
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
Im sure yours will be fine also,fingers crossed ,maybe it will only take a couple of letters for him to see sense
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you both,squiddley and j19fmm. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Phyllis
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Weejie... I guess he shall receive the letter today,so no doubt the shit will start.....BRING IT ON....
Old Jun 4th 2008, 8:04 am
Dizzy Blonde

lol, thats the attitude!!

Swing him round by his non-existant balls and make him realise that being a dad is a full time job, not one you can suddenly want when it looks like its going to be too late!!

Sorry if that offends anyone, but after having been put through the wringer by a deadbeat dad when we wanted to move on with our lives kinda makes you feel like that!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi guys, had meeting with solicitor today. I've got lots of homework to do.She was impressed by all I'd found out so far, so big thanks to you all for web links etc. She also recommended another trip out to NZ (me and the kids) this summer so we can visit schools and look at houses.Will have to think about that one. The more I can put together the better chance I'll have when we get to court.
So good luck to any and all in same situation. When we make it out there we'll party big time, us and the kids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.