Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Steiner - Montessori School's

Steiner - Montessori School's

Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steiner - Montessori School's

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
You haven't- it's a perfect post

FWIW, she asked for advice, I gave it, she didn't like it, partially because she misinterpreted it, and got snotty. So she got snotty-me back. And then it was quite clearly over and done. I thought she did a neat closure on it. Until you decided to wade in and try to fan flames, which is worse on a forum than "attempting to makes oneself look superior".

PS I like it muchly but either of us could be referred to as Biscuit dude
Hmm I couldn't understand why OP took umbrage at Bourbon's reply originally...has someone changed their post after the event?....her response to Bourbon's initial post is not logical.
However Bourbon's second reply did get a bit snotty re the hint at the grammar and avatar etc etc and NZ being a small place. The original post from Bourbon was fine though so am puzzled...peace ladies .
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:08 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

You haven't- it's a perfect post

I thought she did a neat closure on it. Until you decided to wade in and try to fan flames, which is worse on a forum than "attempting to makes oneself look superior".

PS I like it muchly but either of us could be referred to as Biscuit dude
Yes it was perfect, that's because I am wonderful

No flame-fanning here, I'm more of a peace loving tree hugging type person.
Just following forum etiquette of posting ones opinion. Oh and I have a fish phobia that prevents me from wading so not guilty on that part either.

Do you have some secret list of forum rules? Can I have a copy? I think I'll contact the author as I think they have those two mixed up, superiority complex is definitely near the top of 'don'ts'. Oh no wait, you are the author right?! Crap
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Unless either BB or Cookie come back to me with a reason for this to remain contentious then I would be pleased if the thread could move forward with help on this subject without others muscling in & drawing swords.

Seems to me these two have sorted it out in an adult fashion .
Old Feb 12th 2011, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Hmm I couldn't understand why OP took umbrage at Bourbon's reply originally...has someone changed their post after the event?....her response to Bourbon's initial post is not logical.
However Bourbon's second reply did get a bit snotty re the hint at the grammar and avatar etc etc and NZ being a small place. The original post from Bourbon was fine though so am puzzled...peace ladies .
The problem with the original reply from BB was the IMO 'mocking' tone that suggested posting my question was somehow inappropriate for this site and ?

Not entirely sure why as how better to gather opinions of others who are also living in NZ?

As for grammar etc, The use of Exclamation marks etc in BB post's may well be why I 'misunderstood' her rudeness.

FLOWER POT.

Thanks for the support. Good to know I wasn't the only person who misunderstood...And lets hope your right someone is going to wow me with their experiences of one of these schools and give me a little insight
Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:48 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookie2b
The problem with the original reply from BB was the IMO 'mocking' tone that suggested posting my question was somehow inappropriate for this site and ?

Not entirely sure why as how better to gather opinions of others who are also living in NZ?

As for grammar etc, The use of Exclamation marks etc in BB post's may well be why I 'misunderstood' her rudeness.

FLOWER POT.

Thanks for the support. Good to know I wasn't the only person who misunderstood...And lets hope your right someone is going to wow me with their experiences of one of these schools and give me a little insight
Cookie, you may have interpreted a mocking tone but actually there wasn't one intended (before you started randomly attacking me), that's just your interpretation, though I apologise if you choose to read it that way.

Also, you really don't want to try and start a scrap with me about punctuation. I used one exclamation mark in my posts on this thread, which was used entirely appropriately- to make a slight joke of what I'd written because I wanted to assure you that I wasn't imagining you didn't know what I was saying. How can you take offence to that? Also, you said "exclamation marks etc" ... what's the "etc"?

However, out of respect to the mods who perform a rather thankless task, I'm going to leave it here and not contribute further but I do ask that you actually reread what I've written and consider that until you flew off the handle, started randomly attacking me in a nonsensical way, I actually tried to give you well meaning advice in good spirit

Last edited by bourbon-biscuit; Feb 13th 2011 at 2:58 am.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all

Cookie, you may have interpreted a mocking tone but actually there wasn't one intended (before you started randomly attacking me), that's just your interpretation, though I apologise if you choose to read it that way.

Also, you really don't want to try and start a scrap with me about punctuation. I used one exclamation mark in my posts on this thread, which was used entirely appropriately- to make a slight joke of what I'd written because I wanted to assure you that I wasn't imagining you didn't know what I was saying. How can you take offence to that? Also, you said "exclamation marks etc" ... what's the "etc"?

However, out of respect to the mods who perform a rather thankless task, I'm going to leave it here and not contribute further but I do ask that you actually reread what I've written and consider that until you flew off the handle, started randomly attacking me in a nonsensical way, I actually tried to give you well meaning advice in good spirit
Look my intention is not to carry this on.
I was simply explaining what had got my goat so to speak with the initial response. If im honest I still don't think I am wrong about it either. However, thats neither here nor there, So lets just agree to disagree. The other posters have shown that neither of us are right or wrong for misinterpreting each others post's.

A word of well meaning advice (from someone who knows) , stop trying to see everything as an argument my last post was not intended to prompt a response from you. The word 'scrap' completely inappropriate IMVHO. Maybe avoiding such phrases would prevent amateur forum visitors like myself from misunderstanding your Post's.

Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2011, 7:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Look my intention is not to carry this on.

I agree. This thread is now going nowhere despite best efforts .

Thread closed.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 13th 2011 at 7:59 am.