Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Stay Here or Go back?

Stay Here or Go back?

Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

passthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud of
Default Stay Here or Go back?

For all you expats

Will you stay in NZ?

Will you move somewhere else that isn't UK?

Or will you/ do you want to go back to UK to live, now or sometime in the future?

Last edited by passthevalium; Mar 11th 2013 at 1:00 am.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice
Default Re: Stay Here or Go back?

Hi

After 6 years we have finally decided to go back to the UK We will be living somewhere different though and can't wait for a new adventure

Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

AndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond reputeAndyEvs has a reputation beyond repute

We'll go somewhere else when the kids are older. International school somewhere (probably the middle east or thailand). Who knows after that but probably back to the UK to retire.
But plans change all the time.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by passthevalium
For all you expats

Will you stay in NZ?

Will you move somewhere else that isn't UK?

Or will you/ do you want to go back to UK to live, now or sometime in the future?
Me? Yes I would return home to the UK (to an unpopulous part only) for many a reason. Alas it will not happen as the majority under my roof are quite content. And we live in a democracy so I will lay in the bed that I made and get on with it.

I will change the things I can and accept those I can't and take every precaution again the 'bad things' that can and do happen here.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZ4Now
Hi

After 6 years we have finally decided to go back to the UK We will be living somewhere different though and can't wait for a new adventure

That is another reason for the wish to go..I NEED AN ADVENTURE!!!!!! Too scared to learn to fly, the roads are too dangerous to dust off the motorbike licence, so maybe I will finally drag my Blokarts out of the garage and learn to sail them!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

We are staying put here.
Cant imagine us going back to the UK at all, except for maybe a holiday.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Been here 9yrs.

Will I stay? ... Don't know!

Will I return to UK? ... Don't know!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Too early to tell if my family will stay in New Zealand or go across the Tasman

Only other place I'd consider is Canada.

No chance of going back to the UK
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice

Originally Posted by Genesis
That is another reason for the wish to go..I NEED AN ADVENTURE!!!!!! Too scared to learn to fly, the roads are too dangerous to dust off the motorbike licence, so maybe I will finally drag my Blokarts out of the garage and learn to sail them!
The adventure bit is a bonus !!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Toughie.

I'm not sure I want to end my days here & think I would prefer to be in the UK as I further age.
Mr BEVS is happy to lay his hat where my best smile is.

The loose idea is that we may try for an extended period in the UK at some point in the future to test the waters.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:52 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing pulling me back to the UK.

9 years in NZ, started our family here and its a good place for us. So no plans to move elsewhere, but never say never.

Would like to have a home in Asia somewhere, just for a change in scenery!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

passthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud of

We've been here 2 years and I've already decided that I want to return to UK eventually, just not yet.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Toughie.

I'm not sure I want to end my days here & think I would prefer to be in the UK as I further age.
Mr BEVS is happy to lay his hat where my best smile is.

The loose idea is that we may try for an extended period in the UK at some point in the future to test the waters.
As I age the pension thing is a biggie. Will get a really good pension here but not so good in the UK as I have done way less than the 40yrs required there. So I guess that and the fact that NZ is so uncrowded are 2 good reasons for me to stay put. It is just that my heart is no longer here. It was but I have lost the moment, guess I have fallen out of love with NZ for manifold reasons. Who knows? If it behaves in the future I may rekindle that 'lurve'.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by passthevalium
We've been here 2 years and I've already decided that I want to return to UK eventually, just not yet.
This was us.... We knew even after a year that NZ wouldn't be forever!

You know in your heart where home is for you
Old Mar 11th 2013, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

For now we have to stay here until we get our perm-residency visa or whatever its called now (this October).

I really want to give living somewhere else in NZ a go as I do believe there is SO much potential here. I am so cheesed off with Auckland (as I've stated in various threads) that I really need a change. If the Mrs doesn't want to go elsewhere then we'll be heading home as I'd really hate to bring up kids here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.