Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Stay or Go.... Dilemma...

Wikiposts

Stay or Go.... Dilemma...

Old Dec 6th 2011, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stay or Go.... Dilemma...

Originally Posted by Triumph3
You complain that somebody doesn't know you yet you make sweeping statements about people in the UK being either rich or mad if they don't share you pessimism! Have you met them all? I'm fairly content but by no means rich and I think I'm fairly sane!
I think your rant above does say a lot about you especially as it's only a few posts after you said the below (your hypocrisy is incredible). I think the biggest problem with the UK today is the miserable doom mongers. So please, take your own advice and leave.

"Gosh it's all doom and gloom on here..
why don't you all pack up and leave if you hate it so much?"
Here's hoping.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:49 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Some of us didn't leave the UK because we couldn't bear to live there anymore and I'm not super-rich or mad and I do happen to give a toss about my fellow citizens. Maybe one day I will end up back there, I'll see where life takes me until then. I may spend the rest of my life in NZ and I'd be happy with that if life continues as it has up until now.

I don't get that Daily Mail/broken Britain/pessimism/ whinge about everything and how bad Britain is mentality. I've only been in NZ for 3 years and I doubt life can have changed that much in the time I've been away.
You could say the same about NZ-it is not Utopia and does have many faults of its own as does any country.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Some of us didn't leave the UK because we couldn't bear to live there anymore and I'm not super-rich or mad and I do happen to give a toss about my fellow citizens.

I don't get that Daily Mail/broken Britain/pessimism/ whinge about everything and how bad Britain is mentality. I've only been in NZ for 3 years and I doubt life can have changed that much in the time I've been away.
You could say the same about NZ-it is not Utopia and does have many faults of its own as does any country.

Ditto what she says!
Old Dec 6th 2011, 10:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Some of us didn't leave the UK because we couldn't bear to live there anymore and I'm not super-rich or mad and I do happen to give a toss about my fellow citizens. Maybe one day I will end up back there, I'll see where life takes me until then. I may spend the rest of my life in NZ and I'd be happy with that if life continues as it has up until now.

Excellent post
Old Dec 6th 2011, 11:26 am
Banned

Triumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud of

You complain that somebody doesn't know you yet you make sweeping statements about people in the UK being either rich or mad if they don't share you pessimism! Have you met them all? I'm fairly content but by no means rich and I think I'm fairly sane!
I think your rant above does say a lot about you especially as it's only a few posts after you said the below (your hypocrisy is incredible). I think the biggest problem with the UK today is the miserable doom mongers. So please, take your own advice and leave.

"Gosh it's all doom and gloom on here..
why don't you all pack up and leave if you hate it so much?"

Can I just add that if you ever do leave then please don't go to NZ as there's still a chance I may end up there and I'd hate to know you're my neighbour
Old Dec 6th 2011, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just add that if you ever do leave then please don't go to NZ as there's still a chance I may end up there and I'd hate to know you're my neighbour
I hope they don't move next door to me either, just gotta love the ten post wonders who think that they have it all sussed and that all the ills and irks of the UK will be swept away by a move across the other side of the world.

Beats me why would anyone join a forum such as this, just to wade in the first few posts and start abusing those of us here doing the hard yards 'living the dream' - like they know so much more?
Old Dec 6th 2011, 7:56 pm
Banned

Triumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I hope they don't move next door to me either, just gotta love the ten post wonders who think that they have it all sussed and that all the ills and irks of the UK will be swept away by a move across the other side of the world.

Beats me why would anyone join a forum such as this, just to wade in the first few posts and start abusing those of us here doing the hard yards 'living the dream' - like they know so much more?
I think it's the modern day, internet equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting 'LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA'
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

chief.brody is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, say what you want miserable people.

Go on and spend your time on forums being bitter and judgmental.
I'm not going to waste any more time on here.

Get a life!
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Goodness me. You're not having a happy time of it here are you. I feel you may well be right. BE is just not for you.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chief.brody
Well, say what you want miserable people.

Go on and spend your time on forums being bitter and judgmental.
I'm not going to waste any more time on here.

Get a life!
Try taking the piss out of how crap and poorly supported Rugby is, some of this lot go into melt down.

Don't let any of this lot drive you away. Stay and wind em up.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:47 pm
`

You carry on.

Originally Posted by BE
We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members.
I'm a post menopausal female. Your call.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:51 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Try taking the piss out of how crap and poorly supported Rugby is, some of this lot go into melt down.

Don't let any of this lot drive you away. Stay and wind em up.
Ha ha ha Barnsleymat I like that.....soccer supporter you might be but sometimes you brush up like a Rugby supporter for your sins...
The lynch mob will abate eventually and poking a wasps nest with a stick makes for finding out what you sometimes need to know....even though I will be in Bevs bad books for a while Don't go away just moderate your style...
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of friendly winding up is the least of the problems on here, the thread I was reading last week with a load of women slagging each other off was a bit disturbing. It gets very personnel on here sometimes.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Ha ha ha Barnsleymat I like that.....soccer supporter you might be but sometimes you brush up like a Rugby supporter for your sins...
The lynch mob will abate eventually and poking a wasps nest with a stick makes for finding out what you sometimes need to know....even though I will be in Bevs bad books for a while Don't go away just moderate your style...
I'm nothing like a Rugby supporter, I go watch live matches wind, rain or shine.

Me n Ken who I met through this forum are regulars down Kiwitea Street supporting Auckland City FC now.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:03 pm
`

Not into mud wrestling then.

Best thing I can advise is you look after you and your posts within the BE rules. Anything else you either ignore or report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.