Reload this Page >

Stationery requirements for Primary school age children

Stationery requirements for Primary school age children

Old Oct 9th 2013, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Larryloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stationery requirements for Primary school age children

Hi

Wondering if anyone can help me? My children will be attending Halswell Primary school for the next term. I have asked the school to provide me with a list of what I should buy in terms of pens/pencils/rulers/exercise books. However, so far they haven't supplied the list to me.

Does any one know what Year 1, 5 & 6 children require for school?

Of course I will just buy a basic pencil set with eraser, ruler, sharpener etc. But do they also require a full set of colouring pencils? What paper/exercise books do they need?

Also, as regar the sun hats: is a baseball cap ok or do I need to buy them a wide brimmed hat?

Old Oct 9th 2013, 10:54 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stationery requirements for Primary school age children

not sure on your school but we have bought the kit from the school and to be honest its a complete waste of money, My yr 6/7, 7/8 hardly use the books and could of used last years one this year. same for my yr2/3.

as for hats our have to have ones that cover the ears so no baseball caps
Old Oct 9th 2013, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

Hi with it being the last term of the year they won't ask you to provide any books probably just pencils, when we arrived aug 08 we didn't have to provide any stationary until the start of the new school year, hop this helps
Old Oct 9th 2013, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

Yep sun hat has to be wider brimmed or cover ears n necks, if you send your child to school without one in terms 4 and 1 then they will not be allowed outside
Old Oct 9th 2013, 11:09 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

the picture with the 2 small pink books are for yr 2/3 and the other is 6/7, 7/8
Attached Thumbnails Stationery requirements for Primary school age children-401214_10151239377135083_1238029089_n.jpg   Stationery requirements for Primary school age children-429345_10151239377755083_1311841820_n.jpg  
Old Oct 9th 2013, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Larryloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow everyone! Thanks for your speedy responses! Will get the hats today and a few pencils. Will ask each teacher what is required in terms of exercise books. As you say, little point in buying a whole pack for the last term if the year!
Old Oct 10th 2013, 1:37 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

I went onto the school web page and got the list from there. They have lists for each year.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

My two started at the High School in August and we bought a fair bit of what was on the list - they have hardly used it! The school shop was a cheaper place to buy than anywhere else.
The Primary schools I've worked in here all seem to have different requirements but you can't go wrong bringing coloured pencils, writing pencils, felt pens, rubbers, sharpeners, glue sticks, ruler. The usual yummy fresh stationery that we all love
Old Oct 10th 2013, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

marblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, my daughter started new entrants on the last week of the term, so shes a wee bit younger than your kids. But I wouldn't buy too much at all (or perhaps nothing) until you speak to each individual teacher. Being the last term, they won't need much. And I find the child's actual teacher is much more helpful in terms of those things. Don't worry about your kids turning up with nothing on the first day, the teacher will accommodate them until you find out specific requirements. One thing they do need though, is a wide brim hat. As a previous poster said, Terms 1 & 4, they wont be allowed out to play without one. All the very best.