British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   It starts... :-) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/starts-638319/)

triswebb Oct 30th 2009 9:51 pm

It starts... :-)

Hi to one and all,

Well I have really enjoyed reading through some of the posts here this evening! I would like to say a big hello to one and all as my partner and myself begin the fun and games.

Having liven in NZ for 2 years and then moving on to travel for another couple, we have both decided it is the place for us! My partner (Jen) is a nurse and I have an IT background - although at lear 4 years out of the industry - we rate ok with 130 points, but have been advised to push for at least one job offer to really speed the process up? Anyhow, on the road to getting Jen on the NZ nursing registration and hopefully a job offer soonish :-)

I look forward to following how you all get on and keeping you posted on our progress!

Tris

MnB Oct 31st 2009 7:08 pm

Re: It starts... :-)

Originally Posted by triswebb (Post 8058489)
Hi to one and all,

Well I have really enjoyed reading through some of the posts here this evening! I would like to say a big hello to one and all as my partner and myself begin the fun and games.

Having liven in NZ for 2 years and then moving on to travel for another couple, we have both decided it is the place for us! My partner (Jen) is a nurse and I have an IT background - although at lear 4 years out of the industry - we rate ok with 130 points, but have been advised to push for at least one job offer to really speed the process up? Anyhow, on the road to getting Jen on the NZ nursing registration and hopefully a job offer soonish :-)

I look forward to following how you all get on and keeping you posted on our progress!

Tris

Hi & welcome!!
Good luck with your plans, I'm sure that it wont be too long before you're posting 'Jen's got a job!' .... keep us posted!
B x

Kija Nov 2nd 2009 10:21 am

Hello and welcome to the forum! Good luck with your plans :fingerscrossed: Applications with a job offer do seem to be processed faster, hopefully OH will get a job soon!

willand tina_h Nov 2nd 2009 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 8064092)
Hello and welcome to the forum! Good luck with your plans :fingerscrossed: Applications with a job offer do seem to be processed faster, hopefully OH will get a job soon!

welcome to the be site. Good luck and ask away, everyone very helpful.

Tina. x

BEVS Nov 2nd 2009 8:01 pm

Kia Ora and welcome to the NZ forum.

Look forward to seeing you around the main NZ board.

Dewb09 Nov 3rd 2009 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by triswebb (Post 8058489)
Hi to one and all,

Tris

Hi & welcome to the site :thumbsup: hope you have a smooth journey through the fun & games of immigration

Dewb