Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Standby In Palmy?!!!!!

Standby In Palmy?!!!!!

Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:09 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Question Standby In Palmy?!!!!!

Hello all you lovely people, I could use some help from someone please ( no not psychiatric, altho 2 weeks of being a single parent.....).

kev's in NZ at the mo, spending a very pleasant weekend in Christchurch ( girls, I'm coming back as the bloke next time!).

Anyway to cut a long story short, he's supposed to be staying with a friends family on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday in Palmy but unfortunately a member of the family is very ill and the situation is only likely to get worse rather than better. I'm trying to find a motel for him as a standby, that doesn't cost $300 a night!!! I know there's some stuff on this next week in the area like golf and availibilty seems stretched. Does anyone know of a little gem that they can share with me PLEASE!!!!!!

The only thing its gotta have is laundry and Hi speed internet, oh and a bed would be good too!!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Standby In Palmy?!!!!!

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hello all you lovely people, I could use some help from someone please ( no not psychiatric, altho 2 weeks of being a single parent.....).

kev's in NZ at the mo, spending a very pleasant weekend in Christchurch ( girls, I'm coming back as the bloke next time!).

Anyway to cut a long story short, he's supposed to be staying with a friends family on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday in Palmy but unfortunately a member of the family is very ill and the situation is only likely to get worse rather than better. I'm trying to find a motel for him as a standby, that doesn't cost $300 a night!!! I know there's some stuff on this next week in the area like golf and availibilty seems stretched. Does anyone know of a little gem that they can share with me PLEASE!!!!!!

The only thing its gotta have is laundry and Hi speed internet, oh and a bed would be good too!!
see if you can get anything with these links , if you haven't already tried.
we stayed in a holiday park but was in a campervan, just trying to find it know, but not sure it had internet, but i'm sure it had cabins there

http://www.jasons.com/001342,NZL,NI,...EL?F=CAMPHOLPK

http://www.holidayguide.co.nz/Palmer...mmodation.aspx

http://www.accommodationinnewzealand...watu/list1.php

http://www.google.co.nz/

http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/searc...006&startdate=

ok it was the palmerston north holiday park (how did i not remember that!!), it does have tourist flats & laundry but no internet,
have you tried to pm Genesis he may know of somewhere as he lives in palmy

Last edited by poppets; Nov 5th 2006 at 8:37 am. Reason: more info
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

found some with internet & laundry

Fay's On Ferguson B&B
http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/listi...istingId=16593

harringtons motor lodge
http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/listi...istingId=12963

a'la vista motel
http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/listi...istingId=11243

gateway motel
http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/listi...istingId=42427

camelot motor lodge
http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/listi...istingId=13020

fitzherbert regencey motor lodge
http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/listi...istingId=47760

hope that helps a bit
good luck xx
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:18 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kev&sarah]Hello all you lovely people, I could use some help from someone please ( no not psychiatric, altho 2 weeks of being a single parent.....).

QUOTE]

If you haven't found a solution already, Genesis might be worth dropping a PM as he lives in Palmerston North.

Hope you get it sorted - Carmen.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 5:28 am
H&B
Banned

H&B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poppets

thats a lot of info do you work for the tourist board?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

We can really recommend the Regency on Fitzherbert..know of someone who has stayed there. It has all your requirements and is really beautiful....brand new too. Try to get one of the rooms at the back....Fitzherbert is a very busy road indeed!! The prices are around $150 a night. Next door is a really good BP garage that does superb coffee and snacks and has a breakfast bar. Kev is more than welcome to come up and see us for a meal if he likes whilst in Palmy. PM me and I'll give you our details...that's if I've not given them to you already!! Kind regards, Dom.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:07 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
We can really recommend the Regency on Fitzherbert..know of someone who has stayed there. It has all your requirements and is really beautiful....brand new too. Try to get one of the rooms at the back....Fitzherbert is a very busy road indeed!! The prices are around $150 a night. Next door is a really good BP garage that does superb coffee and snacks and has a breakfast bar. Kev is more than welcome to come up and see us for a meal if he likes whilst in Palmy. PM me and I'll give you our details...that's if I've not given them to you already!! Kind regards, Dom.

Thank you all so much for your help. Drinks are on me next time you're at the bar.

Dom, I'll PM you later if thats ok when I've spoken to Kev, he's in Wellington until Tuesday night possibly Wednesday lunchtime. Thanks for the suggestion, vaguely remember it being built. We stayed on Fitzherbert before, towards the Square so well aware of the traffic!!! but forgotten about it!!!

Last edited by P2L; Nov 6th 2006 at 9:10 am.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:01 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Thank you all so much for your help. Drinks are on me next time you're at the bar.

Dom, I'll PM you later if thats ok when I've spoken to Kev, he's in Wellington until Tuesday night possibly Wednesday lunchtime. Thanks for the suggestion, vaguely remember it being built. We stayed on Fitzherbert before, towards the Square so well aware of the traffic!!! but forgotten about it!!!

Room booked, at the back as recommended. Dom gonna PM you in a min.