Reload this Page >

Springer Spaniel from Manchester to Auckland

Springer Spaniel from Manchester to Auckland

Old Jan 4th 2016, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

jennyxdx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Springer Spaniel from Manchester to Auckland

Hello,
We are coming to New Zealand at end of March/Early April and are bringing our Springer Spaniel with us.
She is unable to fly with Singapore Airlines, as they don't transport Spaniels.

I was just wondering whether anybody has transported their dog from Manchester to Auckland and who they would recommend using.
I was thinking of using transfur animals, has anybody used these?
Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks
Jen
Old Jan 4th 2016, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Springer Spaniel from Manchester to Auckland

You might find this recent thread helpful
http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...-uk-nz-867133/
Old Jan 4th 2016, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the post.
I read this thread, but the company mentioned on there flies from heathrow and I was hoping to fly from manchester. As I think the flight from heathrow is 3hours shorter than from manchester but it would take a least 4 hours for transport down to heathrow.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 11:03 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

We've usedGolden Arrow twice and were excellent. We also lived in Manchester. Flights certainly shorter from Heathrow. Ours is a toy poodle and has flown Emirates and AirNew Zealand.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

nikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond repute

Our lab flew from Heathrow with air New Zealand. She was picked up from where I was staying in the Scottish highlands by the company we used and over 2 days she travelled to London by van
Old Jan 4th 2016, 11:25 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

have you checked on the jabs that she will need? believe the rabies one has to be given at least 6mths prior to travel and then 2 blood tests within that time frame to check ?
Old Jan 5th 2016, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies.
I have asked for a quote with golden arrows so will see how that compares to others.
She has already had her rabies vaccination on blood tests done so just got all the other things about a month before.
Old Jan 6th 2016, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

valleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
You might find this recent thread helpful
http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...-uk-nz-867133/
Golden Arrow who are we using very useful at answering any questions you have x
Old Jan 7th 2016, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

bramble22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

We brought our German Shepherd over with Pet Air UK they picked her up in a van from Scotland and drove her down to Heathrow. We received update pictures all the time it was like a wee adventure holiday for her

I would highly recommend them as she had a medical problem that meant they had to give her medication enroute and it all worked perfect.

Hopefully you will get your puppy here to NZ our puppy just loves it here the beaches go on for ever!!!!
PetAir UK
Deer Park Farm
Wimborne St Giles
Dorset
BH21 5NZ
UK

Office: 01725 551124
Fax: 01725 551206
Old Jan 8th 2016, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

nikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond repute

I second Petair UK. They were fantastic, including when we had to go through the antibiotics after the blood tests. They dealt with everything, yes we paid a bit more for that but it meant there was no chance of me missing anything important.

We have one happy girl living with us here 😀😀
Old Jan 8th 2016, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

That's reassuring to hear about PetAir as I heard one story about them using a too small crate for a large dog that put me of a little but I've had one person local to me recommend by word of mouth and the experiences on here were obviously good too. Thanks for posting.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Rustyspanner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jennyxdx
Hello,
We are coming to New Zealand at end of March/Early April and are bringing our Springer Spaniel with us.
She is unable to fly with Singapore Airlines, as they don't transport Spaniels.

I was just wondering whether anybody has transported their dog from Manchester to Auckland and who they would recommend using.
I was thinking of using transfur animals, has anybody used these?
Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks
Jen
Not sure about Singapore Airlines and Spaniels as I have booked my two spaniels to fly to NZ with Singapore Airlines, used Petair. They seem to know they're stuff. We are flying from Heathrow end of April.

Biggest problem we had was Rabies Jab we didn't realise there was a 6 month wait after jabs