Spring is here!

Old Sep 18th 2013, 4:06 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spring is here!

Nice frosty start to this morning, flippin helicopters out frost fighting in the vineyards, so the whole area sounded like Vietnam at 6am!

Been over to Nelson today, was given some wine by the lovely people at Waimea and Te Mana. If anyone misses a more robust NZ red wine, Te Mana Syrah is awesome!

My wife bought some asparagus and strawberries, this first this season and I scored some snapper fillets (with skin on, hard to get unless you ask). YUM!

Can wait for blueberries and cherries!

What's your favorite springtime aspect of New Zealand?
Old Sep 18th 2013, 4:42 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring is here!

Blossom on the trees. Little green leaves on other trees giving a sense of green fuzz from a distance. The bluebells buds have come out in my garden.

Peach blossom on my peach tree. Tui's in my Kowhai tree. Hoki at an almost giveaway price of 9.99NZD per kilo.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Sep 18th 2013 at 4:44 am. Reason: Hoki
Old Sep 18th 2013, 1:23 pm
JPA
Forum Regular

JPA is an unknown quantity at this point

Mmmmm to all of the above. We are siting in Heathrow Terminal 1 waiting for the boarding call and cant wait to get back home. Looking forward to all the new seasonal produce starting to appear.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 9:23 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JPA
Mmmmm to all of the above. We are siting in Heathrow Terminal 1 waiting for the boarding call and cant wait to get back home. Looking forward to all the new seasonal produce starting to appear.
Glad you've got something to look forward to. Safe journey.

(I kinda wish I was in England now that Autumn has just started, however, that's just me.)

Last edited by Snap Shot; Sep 18th 2013 at 9:25 pm. Reason: learning to live, 'in the moment'
Old Sep 18th 2013, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Daffodils and blossom in Hagley park and feeding the ducklings.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

Favourite spring things - sun streaming in through the windows in the morning so I don't have to have the heaters on for long. House warming up nicely in the daytime sun (to 25 degrees yesterday, not today though - chillier and no sun in Auckland at the mo)

Starting to think about planting tomatoes etc. And dusting off the jandals
Old Sep 19th 2013, 3:54 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Catchafire
What's your favorite springtime aspect of New Zealand?
Putting the electric blanket and heaters in the cupboards tomorrow

Although if the wife and Contact Energy had her way, they'd be here until it reaches summer Qatar temperatures
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

they'd be here until it reaches summer Qatar temperatures
Maybe you could send her there to watch the world cup?
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:31 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Spring is here!

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
Maybe you could send her there to watch the world cup?
I've never understood how anyone could look at Qatar with it's religious culture, diminutive size, lack of interest or success in soccer, summer climate, hotel capacity and infrastructure then think "Yes, this is the place we'll play the world cup!"? Answers in a brown envelope.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:23 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about
Angry Re: Spring is here!

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I've never understood how anyone could look at Qatar with it's religious culture, diminutive size, lack of interest or success in soccer, summer climate, hotel capacity and infrastructure then think "Yes, this is the place we'll play the world cup!"? Answers in a brown envelope.
That moment when you laugh for the answers in a brown envelope comment (septics favourite), only to see the most glaring error written that gets you annoyed
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:23 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A Rush And A Push
Favourite spring things - sun streaming in through the windows in the morning so I don't have to have the heaters on for long. House warming up nicely in the daytime sun (to 25 degrees yesterday, not today though - chillier and no sun in Auckland at the mo)

Starting to think about planting tomatoes etc. And dusting off the jandals
Starting?! Chop, chop or you're going to miss the boat! I don't have my very own garden anymore ( ) but i have buckets with toms coming along nicely and sown herb seeds.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

tiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud of

It sounds tantalising! The temperature has dropped here in the UK and I'm beginning to get those 'Christmassy tingles' and actually caught myself feeling sad that we'll have moved to NZ by Christmas and wouldn't have that cold xmas spirit. Then the temperature dropped a bit more, the freezing drizzle started and I thought "Screw that, get me there now!!!"
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:53 pm

We need to plant runner beans soon.

We also want to plant strawberries and cucumbers.

We'd like to plant another passion fruit vine. I killed the last one with over zealous pruning

Getting on with the spring, but wishing it was autumn and I was in Britain. Oh well, good luck all.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Zuzuspetals is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds great, looking forward to a second spring and summer this year....we arrive a week TODAY!!!
Old Sep 21st 2013, 7:28 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Spring = rain, winds, electrical and thunder storms. not my favourite season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.