spouse visa help

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

moomin13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse visa help

Hi all, my huby has a permanent resident returning visa for nz. We want to move there. Can I get in just because I am his wife please? Trauled the web sites and its all too confusing! No specific answers to my situation. Thanks.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 7:55 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouse visa help

Originally Posted by moomin13
Hi all, my huby has a permanent resident returning visa for nz. We want to move there. Can I get in just because I am his wife please? Trauled the web sites and its all too confusing! No specific answers to my situation. Thanks.
Yes, you can apply for a defacto visa. But you have to prove you are married and live together. Just show them a few bills in joint names, council tax and mortgage stuff and that should do it. Your visa will allow you to work at anything.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 8:11 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the information at http://www.immigration.govt.nz

If still confused, you need a good New Zealand immigration lawyer or agent to handle your case.

Jeremy
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 10:28 pm
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Moomin,

I think that if your husband isnt a NZ citizen, he will have to prove he's been a resident for a certain number of months/weeks. Here's the direct link to the immigration page to see if your husband can sponsor you:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...blesponsor.htm

And the link to the sponsor's immigration status:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...sorsstatus.htm

As Jeremy said, you might want to seek professional help if you're not too sure.

Good luck,

Jen