Sponsoring?

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default Sponsoring?

Since we've said we wanted to move everyone asks about our parents and what will they do etc. I was just wondering if you can sponsor people to go over to NZ how long do you have to be there before hand? Is there a limit to who and how many you can sponsor? I'm not saying they would even want to go and live in NZ but my hubby and I both have our parents and I also have my nan and grandad.

Any info would be great as they keep asking and we really dont have all the answers
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring?

Hi Lee Lee,
As far as I know you have to be a permanent resident for 3 years before you can sponsor your family.

Last edited by RobDon; Feb 22nd 2010 at 8:42 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:23 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Wot Robdon said ^ ^
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2010, 4:51 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, my understanding is 3 years before you can sponsor and you must meet a minimum income - I think it's just under $30,000 per annum.

This from NZIS is useful.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Am Loolah View Post
Yes, my understanding is 3 years before you can sponsor and you must meet a minimum income - I think it's just under $30,000 per annum.

This from NZIS is useful.
Thanks, I didn't know they would be interested in your income
Old Feb 25th 2010, 6:03 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, if you are sponsoring someone you have to prove to NZIS that you can afford to keep your sponsors for at least 2 years so there is a minimum income requirement that you have to prove. Also, if sponsoring parents, there is a centre of gravity question - for example if you are the only child and are in NZ permanently then the centre of gravity for your parents is NZ but if you have 2 siblings still in UK then your parents centre of gravity is UK so they wouldn't qualify for you sponsoring them.

You should also be aware that currently (last I heard anyway) was that sponsorship applications are dealt with in date of application order. Currently people applying are waiting at least 18 months before the case is being looked so you'd need to add that to your 3 years PR wait time.

HTH