Sponsering parents

Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:32 am
sbd
Just Joined

sbd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsering parents

Hello

We are currently looking to move to NZ.

My parents may want to follow us in about 5 years time.

I have 2 brothers based in uk.

Will I be able to sponser my parents to come or does the fact that I have 2 brothers in the UK mean that they will never be able to follow us?

Thanks
Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsering parents

Originally Posted by sbd
Hello

We are currently looking to move to NZ.

My parents may want to follow us in about 5 years time.

I have 2 brothers based in uk.

Will I be able to sponser my parents to come or does the fact that I have 2 brothers in the UK mean that they will never be able to follow us?

Thanks
I think so - you've got to have the majority of your siblings in NZ if you wish to sponsor your parents. And you can only do it after you've been a resident for 3 years. Good luck.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:27 pm
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Qualified to answer this I believe!

Unless they changed the rules in the last two years your parents can come and live over here providing that the majority of their siblings do not reside in the UK.

So unless you can convince one of your Brothers to move here or to another country the chances of your parants joining you is remote under the family category.

As for a time limit before applying? I am not sure on that as my Brother sponsored us to help boost our points score and my parents were able to join us because only one of my Brothers remains in the UK. I think my Brother was my parents sponsor as well but he has been here over 20 years.

Some Nationalities seem to be able to get entire family units in on one hit so not sure how they do that either.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:33 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

This is something we've been asked too by my inlaws. I thought it we had to be resident here for 3 years before we could sponsor them but I thought the sibling bit was to do with the centre of gravity to the family unit, like they are 2 different routes to choose? So in our case my OH only has 1 sister and she is in the UK and he is here so we had presumed, wrongly by the sounds of it, that we could either use the sponsoring route after 3 years or the family centre of gravity route possibly earlier. I would also be interested in other peoples comments and experiences please.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:55 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
This is something we've been asked too by my inlaws. I thought it we had to be resident here for 3 years before we could sponsor them but I thought the sibling bit was to do with the centre of gravity to the family unit, like they are 2 different routes to choose? So in our case my OH only has 1 sister and she is in the UK and he is here so we had presumed, wrongly by the sounds of it, that we could either use the sponsoring route after 3 years or the family centre of gravity route possibly earlier. I would also be interested in other peoples comments and experiences please.

Mandie

Can't Mark get his Dad a job ??????

Seriously though, if Marks Mum or Dad can find work here and get a work permit, they can enter like that, then after 3 years of PR you can sponsor them

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...m/live/parent/

Last edited by P2L; Aug 14th 2007 at 5:01 am.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:19 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sarah but unfortunately think they're too old to get work here. Mark's dad been retired for years now and mum is looking forward to her retirement later this year or next, that's why we were looking at other options for them.