SPL Followers

Old May 26th 2009, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SPL Followers

Originally Posted by theduke
CHAMPIONIES! CHAMPIONIES!

52 Domestic Championships!

That's all I have to say on the matter! Bring out the Buckie
you had to mention the bukkie didnt you ....... hahaha
Old May 26th 2009, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=alanmacc;7603746]
Originally Posted by irnbru14
The SPl wouldn't only survive without the OF it would prosper!

Who's talking about Champions League? We are talking about a competitive domestic top division in Scotland when the two biggest parasites on the game have gone, you think that supporters of other clubs give two hoots about Rangers and Celtic?

Ohhh have a bit of honesty, prosper ?? with no European money coming in the SPL would become a backwater league like Ireland or Wales is that really the way forward? to win a competitive league with no prospects of palying in Europe?

As far as the parasites comments goes I think that's a tad harsh considering the prices the OF fans need to pay for away games, the prices OF pay for away games are on average 15% higher than those charged to the rest of the teams so I put it that we are not at all parasitic but in fact major donors to the coffers of smaller teams.

Do other supporters care for the OF? not really but for the small first and second division teams who draw them in cup games it can be a matter of survival for the next season for them, so I think the OF actually put more into the Scottish game than you give credit for.

Mcfadden has flattered to deceive for years, yes he has flashes of brilliance but no great consistency, that is where the whole of SPL need to get to having good quality players who are home grown and can play consistently for a few seasons and not just be a flash in the pan. Berra, O'Connor both palying for bottom feeder teams, yes playing against greater opposition but not top level football.
The EPL can survive with no European football for lower league teams due to the financial hand outs of Sky, where are Scotland has Setanta who are not trying to renege on the current deal and recoup some cash back whilst the EPL is cash rich, even Newcastle who got relegates will receive a windfall payment for this of around 30mill ......... Scotland will have a better TV rights deal that can be spread out over the teams
Ahh the old backwater league like Wales and Ireland comment, good to see you towing the publicised OF party line there, even just now most clubs in the SPL have a home support higher than those of the equivelant teams in Ireland or Wales. That figure will only go up as decent levels of competition come in and attract fans back to their clubs in a competitive league.

The Champions League and Europa Cup places will still be there for the top teams in the league, regardless of OF being there or not...

Scottish football is in need of an overhaul, 2 top divisions of 16 teams, regional leagues under there, there are just too many professional teams for the size of the country. Getting the OF to move to England or wherevere they are whoring themselves this week (Atlantic League anyone?) will be the catalyst to reform the Scottish game for the better for all concerened.
Old May 26th 2009, 5:49 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=irnbru14;7604037]
Originally Posted by alanmacc

Ahh the old backwater league like Wales and Ireland comment, good to see you towing the publicised OF party line there, even just now most clubs in the SPL have a home support higher than those of the equivelant teams in Ireland or Wales. That figure will only go up as decent levels of competition come in and attract fans back to their clubs in a competitive league.

The Champions League and Europa Cup places will still be there for the top teams in the league, regardless of OF being there or not...

Scottish football is in need of an overhaul, 2 top divisions of 16 teams, regional leagues under there, there are just too many professional teams for the size of the country. Getting the OF to move to England or wherevere they are whoring themselves this week (Atlantic League anyone?) will be the catalyst to reform the Scottish game for the better for all concerened.

As I said before CHAMPIONIES! CHAMPIONIES!

YOUR JUST GREEN WITH ENVY BECAUSE YOUR TEAM NEVER WON AND WE DID! GET OVER IT!
Old May 26th 2009, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=theduke;7604309]

Yeah right
Old May 27th 2009, 12:51 am
Just Joined

nzdave is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=theduke;7604309]

Great chat mate

Maybe he was just trying to stimulate a debate, rather than embroiling in how the Gers won the league?!

Any comment you want to make on the Celtic fan that was beaten to death by the Rangers fans in Coleraine, Northern Ireland on Saturday night?

Or is ok as the Gers were just 'celebrating'?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/n...st/8068956.stm
Old May 27th 2009, 3:21 am

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Another Cup to win this weekend, it is great getting some silverware in the cabinet again.

Wonder if it is only bru cans that irn bru's team have in theirs or have they sold it to pay the world class players wages?

Anyway the game is live on Saturday night at the Paddington Bar in Parnell, any queries for how to get their just ask.
Old May 27th 2009, 3:43 am
Just Joined

Another Cup to win this weekend, it is great getting some silverware in the cabinet again.

Wonder if it is only bru cans that irn bru's team have in theirs or have they sold it to pay the world class players wages?

Anyway the game is live on Saturday night at the Paddington Bar in Parnell, any queries for how to get their just ask.
Just out of interest mate is there a Rangers Supporters Club in Auckland, or in fact Wellington for that matter? I am struggling to fins any Scottish guys down here to have a yarn about the football too.

Just wondering if you guys get much organised up there in the way of meetings, get togethers etc.
Old May 27th 2009, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you again for comfirming what I knew already, it is not possible to have an interesting, intellectual, no blinkered and non-biased general discussion about football with an old firm fan.
Old May 27th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nzdave
Just out of interest mate is there a Rangers Supporters Club in Auckland, or in fact Wellington for that matter? I am struggling to fins any Scottish guys down here to have a yarn about the football too.

Just wondering if you guys get much organised up there in the way of meetings, get togethers etc.
Hi Dave, the only way I have found to see SPL games in Welly is at the Irish Club just off Cambridge Terrace, again its generally one side of the OF against whoever they are playing games that they show...
Old May 27th 2009, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by nzdave

Dave yes there is one in Auckland and Wellington and both show live games, I am the Vice President of the New Zealand Supporters Club, PM me and I will put you in contact with a few guys in Wellington. I travel to Wellington 2days a week and try and meet up with the blue noses down there once a month. Although the club is much bigger in Auckland. Also have other associated clubs in Wanginui(spelling, think I missed the H), Parmie Nth, Tauranga, Christchurch and a few others dotted around.

So irn bru doesn't know everything then
Old May 27th 2009, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Dave yes there is one in Auckland and Wellington and both show live games, I am the Vice President of the New Zealand Supporters Club, PM me and I will put you in contact with a few guys in Wellington. I travel to Wellington 2days a week and try and meet up with the blue noses down there once a month. Although the club is much bigger in Auckland. Also have other associated clubs in Wanginui(spelling, think I missed the H), Parmie Nth, Tauranga, Christchurch and a few others dotted around.

So irn bru doesn't know everything then
Pretty much everything worth knowing, Rangers or Celtic supporters clubs are not on the list of things worth knowing
Old May 27th 2009, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi Dave, the only way I have found to see SPL games in Welly is at the Irish Club just off Cambridge Terrace, again its generally one side of the OF against whoever they are playing games that they show...
Aye, I have been there a couple of times. Its actually pretty good, as the lads there are generally good fun. We know a few of them through a couple of Irish ads we know.

'Bru - if you fancy meeting up for a beer and chat about how good the SPL would be without the OF drop me a PM
Old May 27th 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

can you get buckfast in NZ?
Old May 28th 2009, 9:48 am

[QUOTE=nzdave;7607299]

Great chat mate

Maybe he was just trying to stimulate a debate, rather than embroiling in how the Gers won the league?!

Any comment you want to make on the Celtic fan that was beaten to death by the Rangers fans in Coleraine, Northern Ireland on Saturday night?

Or is ok as the Gers were just 'celebrating'?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/n...st/8068956.stm

No I have no comment as it is always the same and it never happens the other way, yeh rite bau bag
Old May 28th 2009, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

ok im a girl so couldnt really care less about , rangers , celtic bla bla ( probably like rangers more just cos hubby a supporter) but anyway ..im just saying something regarding the comment about the boy in northen ireland

i would say its a bit unfair to blame duke for that and all rangers fans

anyway i ran pubs for 13 years , and i can honestly say we always had more trouble when celtic lost a game , you always new you were going to get trouble... one of the bars i ran had a bar and a lounge and rangers supporters drank in bar with celtic in lounge and omg an old firm was a nightmare but not cos there was both sides of old firm in the pub, nope cos they all actually got on !! it was the lounge that used to fight amonst them self we always had to end up closing it after an OF

anyway i just think its unfair to tar all supporters with same brush, and esp when we have all the guys down south who cos riots , just cant remember what they call them selves at the minute, im sure someone will