22.22%
Other - please specify
5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Spiders - what to do

Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:58 am
turkeytickler

Talking Spiders - what to do

"If you want to live a thrive, let a spider run alive" as they say...

However, the spiders in NZ are just silly.... im yet to meet one of the big scary monsters, so my feeling is they dont have the same karma attached to them as the hairy legged monsters from the uk and are therefore fair game for squashing... what do you think?

Last edited by turkeytickler; Dec 5th 2005 at 8:01 am.

Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:33 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spiders - what to do

I voted live and let live but that's only as long as it's not a white tail, white tails get squished without a second thought
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:39 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

One of the reasons we got a cat here was to let nature have her way and have the cat do the spider killing. Fat chance. The lazy sod treats them like long lost relatives, I'm sure he's given them all names like Fred, Trevor and Bert, he purrs when he sees them, sits watching them for ages, and then leaves them alone. Might have to keep him hungry for a few days, see if he earns his keep then!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I'm one of those strange people that like spiders and I can pick them up... so Live and Let live. Different kettle of fish if it was ants or wasps!!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:48 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by bookemjano
One of the reasons we got a cat here was to let nature have her way and have the cat do the spider killing. Fat chance. The lazy sod treats them like long lost relatives, I'm sure he's given them all names like Fred, Trevor and Bert, he purrs when he sees them, sits watching them for ages, and then leaves them alone. Might have to keep him hungry for a few days, see if he earns his keep then!
rofl

Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:49 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by SarahB
I'm one of those strange people that like spiders and I can pick them up... so Live and Let live. Different kettle of fish if it was ants or wasps!!
where do you stand RE wetas?

Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:50 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by sky
I voted live and let live but that's only as long as it's not a white tail, white tails get squished without a second thought
god ive never seen any of these things.... i just get silly daddy longlegs and those funny stumpy ones that jump when you go near them ..... im feeling left out :-(

Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
where do you stand RE wetas?
Whats one of those??
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:59 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by SarahB
Whats one of those??
http://www.doc.govt.nz/images/Waikat...a-Weekend2.jpg

Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
Ooerrr....looks like a cross tween a beetle and a spider? Is it a spider then?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

shortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant future

Hold on a moment. Its not the spiders that you should be worried about - I've seen LOTR and the trailers for Narnia - its them orcs and trolls and things that you should be worried about, not little spiders. What do you do when you find a troll in your bath - that's the important issue...
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

beaches is an unknown quantity at this point

Squish em. Squish 'em all.

Gross they are. What use are they when you can buy fly spray in cans.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:45 pm
Isle of Wight Chick

silvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant future

put it on trademe. they try and sell every other piece of useless junk under the sun on there!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 11:05 pm
livewire

Argh, I killed a whitetail last night. Knocked the beast off the arm of the sofa and onto the floor. Little sods are tough hey, took a few wacks to kill it.

Yeah, sell them on Trademe - postage would be quite low and you could easily get a few into one envelope.

Leave the Wetas though, I like them. And the praying mantids too.

Old Dec 5th 2005, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Location: I'm a Brit who's lived in Auckland for the last 2 years
NZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant futureNZ Climber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by livewire
Leave the Wetas though, I like them. And the praying mantids too.
I was sat, quite happily doing the things you normally do whilst sat in the smallest room in the house and there was a weta probably an inch and a half long sat on the loo roll as I went to tear off a strip, scared the crap out of me I can tell you, mostly because I wasn't expecting it. It got shooed out the window though, not killed. I don't kill the spiders here either, but I do kill the wasps and mozzies. Little bastards that they are.

We get loads and loads of praying Manti(?), they're great. No need to feed them or keep them in a cage type arrangement, all you need is succulents and they come flocking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.