Spiders!!!

Old Jan 17th 2011, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spiders!!!

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Yes it's a Tunnelweb - there are hundreds of them in our garden.
They get reasonably big - about 60mm maybe for a fully grown one.
http://www.tepapa.govt.nz/researchat...tunnelweb.aspx
But they're not poisonous. See in the photo above the green thing on the left is my fingertip in my gloves so it's not that big
They will apparently bite if you handle and annoy them but they generally just want to get out of your way when disturbed.
Ok, so I didn't know there was anything called a bloody CHRISTCHURCH HUNTSMAN
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by P18PPS
We had a white tail in the car today travelling along the motorway! Kids screaming, I had to drive single handed whilst reaching down to grab a shoe and commence the squash of the 8-legged monster on the ceiling of the car!!

I wonder if Miss Muppets Revenge works on cars??!!!
Braver than me! I'd have bailed out the door and let the car go of a bridge into a ravine! No more spider then muwhaha.....
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:34 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnThePom
Anyone know what kind of spider lives in the protective cocoon like webs that get woven around the tips of gorse branches?
Think it might be this one: http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/re...s.asp?Bu_Id=56

http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/1966/spider-nursery/1
Old Jan 21st 2011, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

We have just arrived back from our first kiwi camping experience & give me spiders above huhu bugs anyday - it was like having a mini helicopter flying past & I needed large amounts of wine to help my trauma !!

The camping by the way was brill !