Spiders *eek*

Old Mar 16th 2009, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spiders *eek*

Originally Posted by tonihilton
Only one deadly one that I know of and that is very shy and only seen if you deliberately disturb them in the bush.
And it's called??
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:11 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesnye
And it's called??
I think they were referring to the native Katipo spider, mainly found in dune areas. I think there are also a small number of redbacks in NZ now (stowaways from Oz), but am happy to be corrected.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 5:12 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
hardly anything is south of Christchurch - 'cept penguins ! (lol)
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bellasmum

White-tailed spiders do bite but will only bite if handled or provoked
as one chap found out when he sat on one nestled in the driving seat of his vehicle. Severely provoked was that spider as it saw a great hairy,north of england, arse descending upon it.
Probably to do with the support for League rather than union. Heathen.

Note for Southerner:-
T'was Tinker.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by southerner
I think they were referring to the native Katipo spider, mainly found in dune areas. I think there are also a small number of redbacks in NZ now (stowaways from Oz), but am happy to be corrected.
but the native Kapito is not lethal and as you say they live in the dunes and not the bush
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:45 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought I would tell you my story, the other night my daughter who's 13 woke me up to say something crawled on her face, went in her bedroom and found a big white tail spider on her mosquito net, ewww gross, I was itching and everything for days, I caught it in a container sprayed bug killer on it and it was still alive after a few minutes! anyway threw it outside, my daughter is a bit nervous to sleep in her room now, although we check her room every night..

needless to say I check the beds everynight
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
as one chap found out when he sat on one nestled in the driving seat of his vehicle. Severely provoked was that spider as it saw a great hairy,north of england, arse descending upon it.
Probably to do with the support for League rather than union. Heathen.

Note for Southerner:-
T'was Tinker.

Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

omg you want to see the white tail on my ceiling omg,m typical gary away in hamilton

ill try add 2 pics i just took(to show my hubby what i had to deal with while he was away lol) they dont do it justice it was huge

2nd pic is after i had killed it yukkk
Attached Thumbnails Spiders *eek*-june-09-064.jpg   Spiders *eek*-june-09-065.jpg  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
omg you want to see the white tail on my ceiling omg,m typical gary away in hamilton

ill try add 2 pics i just took(to show my hubby what i had to deal with while he was away lol) they dont do it justice it was huge

2nd pic is after i had killed it yukkk
I find insect killer followed by the vacuum cleaner works well.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I find insect killer followed by the vacuum cleaner works well.
as it was on ceiling, i used brush to get it down the used one of my boots to kill the bugger lol

gives me shivers, just hate the thought of them biting wee lucy
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Possum Chaser
Also white tails feed on other more harmless spiders, so if you get rid of all spiders from your home (as best you can) less chance of getting white tails
also a bit more info on NZ spiders here:
http://www.tepapa.govt.nz/TePapa/Eng...idersWeb/What/
this annoys me , as i swear i have no other spiders in my house, not even the garage as i reguarly brush it all out, i hoover ceiling corners so i dont get webs starting, yet ive had 4 of the blooming things, i really do try not to let it worry me, its more for lucys sake, but garys friend was bitten last month and his hand blew up so huge it was bad for weeks..ewwww makes it more real when its someone you know kinda thing
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
as it was on ceiling, i used brush to get it down the used one of my boots to kill the bugger lol

gives me shivers, just hate the thought of them biting wee lucy
I still use the same method for ceiling spiders, have the dyson all set up ready to go!!!!!

Did want to offer you a bravery award but thought you might think I was being sarky . I don't mind very small (money) or very large (tarantula) spiders, it's all the buggers inbetween that scare the sh1t out of me . I don't understand that at all
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I still use the same method for ceiling spiders, have the dyson all set up ready to go!!!!!

Did want to offer you a bravery award but thought you might think I was being sarky . I don't mind very small (money) or very large (tarantula) spiders, it's all the buggers inbetween that scare the sh1t out of me . I don't understand that at all
ill take the award lol ty

garys pal found a huge tarantula type thing in his garage he was wearing garden gloves so just picked it up to put out side he could feel it trying to bit him through gloves ewwww

i dont mind other things like grasshoppers, stick insects etc i always get the job of putting thm outside (had stick insects as a kid lol and used to let them out to scare my mum lol) but white tails must be killed lol
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of
Default Spiders *eek*

OK, so we've all been talking about spiders........

My son was laying on the sofa watching TV and a 'cockroach' type of beastie fell out of the light fitting right into his lap !!!

Is it a cockroach ?? or just a big NZ beatle???? should I be concerned?

What other little nasty's lurk in or NZ homes? Please tell, but don't scare me - only been here 8weeks....

Thanks
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 8:01 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steelblue
OK, so we've all been talking about spiders........

My son was laying on the sofa watching TV and a 'cockroach' type of beastie fell out of the light fitting right into his lap !!!

Is it a cockroach ?? or just a big NZ beatle???? should I be concerned?

What other little nasty's lurk in or NZ homes? Please tell, but don't scare me - only been here 8weeks....

Thanks

I don't know! I'm not in New Zealand. But I want to know! In fact please keep us posted on any sort of invertebrate you see there