British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Spending diary.. you spent how much? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/spending-diary-you-spent-how-much-739195/)

Bo-Jangles Nov 17th 2011 10:12 am

Spending diary.. you spent how much?

Just berating myself for being sucked into grabbing a 30% off 'deal' in Farmers and nearly fainting afterwards when I stopped to think about what I had just paid for an absolutely nothing special at all swimsuit.

This is what I spent today:

Swimming costume two piece separates: tankini top and pants $76.99 (would have been $109.98 had I been mental enough to pay full price).

Lemon delicious slice from the cafe that will probably prevent me from wearing the above $4.00

Half price serving dish from Stevens $9.99

chippy64 Nov 17th 2011 4:52 pm

Re: Spending diary.. you spent how much?

2 luxury tEacakes from M&S reduced to 80p, fresh chips reduced to 50p, 3 choclate caramel crunch Santas 3 for £1 and 2 wheat free teacakes reduced to 50p (all M&S).:sunglasses:

Oh and 20% staff discount on top of that :thumbsup:

UKNZAUS Nov 17th 2011 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 9738146)
Just berating myself for being sucked into grabbing a 30% off 'deal' in Farmers and nearly fainting afterwards when I stopped to think about what I had just paid for an absolutely nothing special at all swimsuit.

I was in there last night too, buying birthday presents for upcoming parties, it was manic! I refused to go upstairs though (at Albany) or I would have had a few 'impulsive' purchases....

yorkylass Nov 17th 2011 6:22 pm

I went into farmers yesterday too, 50% sale on all kids clothes and got some great bargains. Bought 3 x T shirts for $6 ea, pair of swimming togs $7, 5 pack of socks $6 and a rain jacket $10 ...... so all in all got some good bargains :D

Moliknickers Nov 17th 2011 8:19 pm

$10.000 on a container!!

yorkylass Nov 17th 2011 8:23 pm

This is what I spent today:

Swimming costume two piece separates: tankini top and pants $76.99 (would have been $109.98 had I been mental enough to pay full price).

Lemon delicious slice from the cafe that will probably prevent me from wearing the above $4.00

Half price serving dish from Stevens $9.99

I bought a gorgeous tankini in Postie, never seen anything I like in there before and only cost me $35 ;)

sheene Nov 17th 2011 8:39 pm

Should have gone to the Warehouse - with what you saved, you could have bought a Sarong to cover it up so no-one could see it!

Snap Shot Nov 17th 2011 11:43 pm

Went to Harvey Norman's 3 hour sale last night. Got a 33 inch t.v. for $498 (about £250) reduced from $749 (about £375). Had to buy the one from the shop floor as it was the last one. It's now the main t.v. the old t.v. 26 inch screen fell over in the Christchurch earthquake in June and I'm just waiting for it to stop working out any minute. Although the new t.v. does not have a c.d. function, the old one does.

UKNZAUS Nov 17th 2011 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by yorkylass (Post 9738958)
Bought 3 x T shirts for $6 ea, pair of swimming togs $7, and a rain jacket $10 ...... so all in all got some good bargains :D

Snap :lol: Plus a summer dress (for daughter) $12.50

Catchafire Nov 18th 2011 12:06 am

Being in Blenheim, we get sweet FA in regards to decent shopping. So we have taken to shopping online.

I get T shirts from www.Threadless.com, all for about $5-$15 USD with free shipping (when on promotion). Heaps of kids T-shirts, all unique designs.

BEVS Nov 18th 2011 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Ray and Debbie (Post 9739569)
Had to buy the one from the shop floor as it was the last one.

Maaan. They're always the last ones in the store. We had the same with our camera, freezer, washing machine

lardyl Nov 18th 2011 3:30 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9739655)
Maaan. They're always the last ones in the store. We had the same with our camera, freezer, washing machine

great minds think alike..............

lardyl Nov 18th 2011 3:36 am

anyway other than food stuff I bought some "body parts" that were left over from halloween in the warehouse for $2 down from the knuckle crunching and eye spitting price of $10. Kid's will love em as stocking fillers......unwrapped or wrapped :D

I also bought a filleting knife for $8 down from $20.

Then I bagged me 7 snapper off the jetty but there were no legal ones (just) so they all went straight back in to fatten up. So the knife is still unblooded.

babybella Nov 18th 2011 6:25 am

I just spent $360 on groceries at Pak n Sav for a week. :frown:
Can't bloody well afford a tankini now:frown:
Kaz

Charismatic Nov 18th 2011 6:54 am

I buyed some things for some money so I can join too. Yay!

Actually to be exact a Subway sandwich and a bunch of bananas.

However in keeping with this threads fiscal nature I've sumarised this below.

End of Day Account Summary
Assets purchased:
Carbohydrate encapsulated meat - $10.90
Multiple fruit product items - $3.60
Total assets acquired - $14.50

Write down for consumption:
Myself - $11.50
Friends - $3
Total assets consumed – S14.50

Profit:
Goodwill of Friends - Priceless.