Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Spending diary.. you spent how much?

Spending diary.. you spent how much?

Old Nov 18th 2011, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spending diary.. you spent how much?

Originally Posted by yorkylass
I bought a gorgeous tankini in Postie, never seen anything I like in there before and only cost me $35
It is very hit and miss in there, sometimes you find some nice things among the old Co-op style chic. Was that for top and bottom together? Generally, I have to go with the mix and match ones, needing different size bottom to top half.

Originally Posted by sheene
Should have gone to the Warehouse - with what you saved, you could have bought a Sarong to cover it up so no-one could see it!

Today I spent $186.88, which equates to 2.5 bags of food shopping from the delightful Pak n Save.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 9:25 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
End of Day Account Summary
Assets purchased:
Carbohydrate encapsulated meat - $10.90
Multiple fruit product items - $3.60
Total assets acquired - $14.50

Write down for consumption:
Myself - $11.50
Friends - $3
Total assets consumed – S14.50

Profit:
Goodwill of Friends - Priceless.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 9:30 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

This is quite an insightful thread in to other people's spending habits. Only coz my best mate spends on clothes, often, I don't! But I spend on my car and my fags, she doesn't!

Today I spent ...

Approx $20 on lunch with "urban family" difficult to say coz they paid en masse and I will settle up with cash when I next see them for my plate and 2 x coffees!

$30 petrol.

$40 approx for 2 bottle of wine, 25 cigs and some chips and dips.

Considering I did next to nothing and achieved next to nothing ...
Old Nov 18th 2011, 9:36 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Actually there are some accounting irregularities that should have went in as a footnote. It's not that love is priceless, it's just that others refuse to enter into any reasonable negotiation on subject .
Old Nov 18th 2011, 9:49 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Actually there are some accounting irregularities that should have went in as a footnote. It's not that love is priceless, it's just that others refuse to enter into any reasonable negotiation on subject .
can it be construed as an "advance" on say services rendered or summat??
Old Nov 18th 2011, 9:52 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
This is quite an insightful thread in to other people's spending habits. Only......$40 approx for 2 bottle of wine, 25 cigs and some chips and dips.

Considering I did next to nothing and achieved next to nothing ...
so do you pour the wine into a bowl stick the chips up your nose and drink the plonk through a straw, aka the filter tip?

not sure what to do with the dips? they always end up full at the end of a barbie/party so nothing new there......
Old Nov 18th 2011, 9:54 am
you dewty owld maan!

..... I reckon someone spiked me Bundberg after tonight's game as I am typing gibberish............time for the meds I think.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 11:09 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
so do you pour the wine into a bowl stick the chips up your nose and drink the plonk through a straw, aka the filter tip?

not sure what to do with the dips? they always end up full at the end of a barbie/party so nothing new there......
I leave a bottle of wine at home for when I get home, I take the other bottle and chips and dips to friends, I smoke a few cigs coz it makes me look grown up, sexy and sophisticated ...
Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

chauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to all

Erm... today I spent a total of $13,261

But that does include a car...

(and a brief but scary shopping trip to Westfield)
Old Nov 19th 2011, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, and I thought I had a big spending day;

Book of ten stamps $21.60
Two packs of 8 Christmas cards $21.98
Packet of Paxo $8.50
Bag of Lentils $2.95
Box of tissues $2.49
Old Nov 19th 2011, 9:26 am
you dewty owld maan!

mmmm...........started off well with tight-wad heaven and a walk around the estuary, only cost a few packets of chippies and some apples.....

but all went to custard post-exercise:
visit to Subway about $30 as one of my kids has a huge appetite, wonder who he gets that off???
visit to New World - about $20 for some milk, ginger and biccies
and then to the Vege shop which came to $25 as said son is a self-confessed "fruit bat" who also loves cucumber in his lunchbox
Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

$14.00 student cinema ticket (got to save while I can still use it!)
$43.50 3x Tickle me Elmo cocktails
$12.00 3x Diet Cokes
$18.50 5 chips and a battered goldfish and 3 pieces of posh lettuce that was meant to be fush and chups with a side salad. I didn't even get my lemon!

Today will be surf lifesaving 'uniform' costs for the youngest boy...