SpeedingTicket

Old May 20th 2011, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of
Default SpeedingTicket

Hi All,

I've got my 1st Speeding ticket, the Motorhome Co, just emailed me with Police Fine of $120 for allegely doing 68kmh in a 50kmh. I remember wondering what that Flash was, but it was on the opposite side of the road. Ah well...

So, will have to wait now to see how they want paying and what effect thi smay have when I return to NZ in future.

Ian.
Old May 20th 2011, 5:39 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: SpeedingTicket

I'd ask to see the ticket and pay direct yourself (Avoid that scam). Should have no effect as long as you pay the fine, fixed cameras are a no points game in New Zealand.
Old May 20th 2011, 6:54 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SpeedingTicket

Originally Posted by Celticknight
Hi All,

I've got my 1st Speeding ticket, the Motorhome Co, just emailed me with Police Fine of $120 for allegely doing 68kmh in a 50kmh. I remember wondering what that Flash was, but it was on the opposite side of the road. Ah well...

So, will have to wait now to see how they want paying and what effect thi smay have when I return to NZ in future.

Ian.
If you get the details of the ticket (reference number), you can pay direct online here but as Charismatic has said, get proof that the ticket is yours. Ask them to scan and email or fax it. Then check the details, rego, date and place, etc.....
Old May 20th 2011, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice

Originally Posted by Celticknight
Hi All,

Ian.
When I got one in December, the hire car co (Hertz) had passed my details on so I got the fine letter posted direct from the police, and paid following the instructions in the letter, by debit card, IIRC.
John.
Old May 20th 2011, 7:46 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

The fine for 10-20 over posted limit is only $80. I was sat in a mate's car when he got one a couple of days ago.
I assume camera fines are the same as written on the spot ones.
Old May 21st 2011, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
The fine for 10-20 over posted limit is only $80. I was sat in a mate's car when he got one a couple of days ago.
AFAIK, the police stops include points whilst the camera ones don't.
Old May 21st 2011, 9:33 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on the size of vehicle, the fines vary.......(I believe?!?)
Old May 21st 2011, 9:36 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
AFAIK, the police stops include points whilst the camera ones don't.
Yes they do, ask me how I know....
Old May 21st 2011, 11:59 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

I was just talking about the fine level.
Cameras carry no points, haven't had one yet. Police stop ones do....had a couple of them! Luckily, they drop off after two years, so I think I'm clean again

Oh, and please don't turn this into an anti/pro speeding debate again guys, the point is OP is being hit for more than he should be.
Old May 21st 2011, 12:52 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just talking about the fine level.
Cameras carry no points, haven't had one yet. Police stop ones do....had a couple of them! Luckily, they drop off after two years, so I think I'm clean again

Oh, and please don't turn this into an anti/pro speeding debate again guys, the point is OP is being hit for more than he should be.
Look on the bright side.....if he was that far over a North Wales limit he would have a larger fine and points..... might even be forced to do a speed awareness course....
Old May 21st 2011, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I got fined 120 bux for going 16K over on my moterbike so the fine is about right

Neil