British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   SpeedingTicket (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/speedingticket-717724/)

Celticknight May 20th 2011 5:09 am

SpeedingTicket

Hi All,

I've got my 1st Speeding ticket, the Motorhome Co, just emailed me with Police Fine of $120 for allegely doing 68kmh in a 50kmh. I remember wondering what that Flash was, but it was on the opposite side of the road. Ah well...

So, will have to wait now to see how they want paying and what effect thi smay have when I return to NZ in future.

Ian.

Charismatic May 20th 2011 5:39 am

Re: SpeedingTicket

I'd ask to see the ticket and pay direct yourself (Avoid that scam). Should have no effect as long as you pay the fine, fixed cameras are a no points game in New Zealand.

sirplug May 20th 2011 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Celticknight (Post 9376505)
Hi All,

I've got my 1st Speeding ticket, the Motorhome Co, just emailed me with Police Fine of $120 for allegely doing 68kmh in a 50kmh. I remember wondering what that Flash was, but it was on the opposite side of the road. Ah well...

So, will have to wait now to see how they want paying and what effect thi smay have when I return to NZ in future.

Ian.

If you get the details of the ticket (reference number), you can pay direct online here but as Charismatic has said, get proof that the ticket is yours. Ask them to scan and email or fax it. Then check the details, rego, date and place, etc.....

johnht May 20th 2011 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Celticknight (Post 9376505)
Hi All,

Ian.

When I got one in December, the hire car co (Hertz) had passed my details on so I got the fine letter posted direct from the police, and paid following the instructions in the letter, by debit card, IIRC.
John.

hazeandsteve May 20th 2011 7:46 pm

The fine for 10-20 over posted limit is only $80. I was sat in a mate's car when he got one a couple of days ago.
I assume camera fines are the same as written on the spot ones.

cappuccino May 21st 2011 6:05 am

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve (Post 9377879)
The fine for 10-20 over posted limit is only $80. I was sat in a mate's car when he got one a couple of days ago.

AFAIK, the police stops include points whilst the camera ones don't.

sirplug May 21st 2011 9:33 am

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve (Post 9377879)

Depending on the size of vehicle, the fines vary.......(I believe?!?)

simonsi May 21st 2011 9:36 am

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 9378567)
AFAIK, the police stops include points whilst the camera ones don't.

Yes they do, ask me how I know....:o

hazeandsteve May 21st 2011 11:59 am

I was just talking about the fine level.
Cameras carry no points, haven't had one yet. Police stop ones do....had a couple of them! Luckily, they drop off after two years, so I think I'm clean again:thumbup:

Oh, and please don't turn this into an anti/pro speeding debate again guys, the point is OP is being hit for more than he should be.

Stormer999 May 21st 2011 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve (Post 9378915)
I was just talking about the fine level.
Cameras carry no points, haven't had one yet. Police stop ones do....had a couple of them! Luckily, they drop off after two years, so I think I'm clean again:thumbup:

Oh, and please don't turn this into an anti/pro speeding debate again guys, the point is OP is being hit for more than he should be.

Look on the bright side.....if he was that far over a North Wales limit he would have a larger fine and points.....;) might even be forced to do a speed awareness course....;)

Jan n Neil May 21st 2011 11:06 pm

I got fined 120 bux for going 16K over on my moterbike so the fine is about right

Neil