Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Specsavers Question

Specsavers Question

Old Jan 9th 2010, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default Specsavers Question

Managed to lose my glasses today (oops) and I kinda need them to read etc, so typing this is VERY hard

I've noticed you have Specsavers over here and I could get the bus to the Albany store tomorrow, but just wondered if they still do the 1 hour processing like they did in the UK?

I'm going to ring tomorrow AM anyway but just need my mind putting at rest thats all

Thx!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Specsavers Question

They haven't been here long so haven't a clue...did you check out their website?
Do you just need reading glasses or prescription glasses in general?
If reading glasses, then many recommend the Warehouse!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pricklykina
They haven't been here long so haven't a clue...did you check out their website?
Do you just need reading glasses or prescription glasses in general?
If reading glasses, then many recommend the Warehouse!
Yeah I looked on the website but they don't say, but then again the UK site which definitely does 1 hour processing doesn't say on the website either.

Not had chance to ring them yet as I spent the afternoon in a panic running around trying to find them but will call tomorrow

Its prescription unfortunately
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll answer my own question here after ringing them today.

Glasses take 10 working days apparently! :O

Oh well.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 2:28 am
Just Joined

Vicky86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AndyR
Managed to lose my glasses today (oops) and I kinda need them to read etc, so typing this is VERY hard

I've noticed you have Specsavers over here and I could get the bus to the Albany store tomorrow, but just wondered if they still do the 1 hour processing like they did in the UK?

I'm going to ring tomorrow AM anyway but just need my mind putting at rest thats all

Thx!
If you mean you need new Reading Glasses? I've got the information that there are different strength of Reading Glasses.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Hubby ordered some takes about 2 weeks as they are made in Melbourne has ordered vari focals
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

You may find it better to order on the internet if you can somehow get by until they arrive.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I'll answer my own question here after ringing them today.

Glasses take 10 working days apparently! :O

Oh well.

They havn,t really caught up here yet
Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robbo25
You may find it better to order on the internet if you can somehow get by until they arrive.
Thanks all.

I'm managing with a spare pair I got before I left the UK, they are the wrong prescription but I never had time to get them replaced but they will do for now.

Thx all!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks all.

I'm managing with a spare pair I got before I left the UK, they are the wrong prescription but I never had time to get them replaced but they will do for now.

Thx all!
Well, I had an appointment with Specsavers in Albany yesterday. Excellent opticians really, very happy with them.

$60 for the eye test, got 2x complete frames at $249, plus had thinner lenses in 1 as I have a high prescription. Told me it would take 1-2 weeks for them to come in, and after that I have 30 days if I don't like them, plus if I want thinner lenses in the other pair as I only paid for 1, to just come back and pay the difference and thats it

Very happy!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

If you're like me and keep losing them, so you need a stash of inexpensive alternatives at work, home and in your car - Briscoes have a nice range of coloured specs, as do many of the chemists. They are a bit dearer than The Warehouse, but much prettier. I now have a blue pair with diamantes, a green pair with Maori designs, and a red pair (missing in action at present).
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Beeka is an unknown quantity at this point

I found many opticians here are out to rip your off - just like in England.

When you see the massive special deals (2 for 1, 50% off, etc, etc) you start to question their original markup! I still spent hundreds on my first pair of glasses over here. I'm thinking specifically of OPSM and Carlisle Mason.

Anyway I've been working on vision improvement exercises which means I outgrow my lens prescription every few weeks. I've been getting my specs online from America for $29 US all inclusive - and they are just as good quality as the basic lenses at your local optician. In fact, it's impossible for me to tell the difference.

This link has a $10 coupon, otherwise they are normally $39 - still, a HUGE saving on high street opticians: 39 Dollar Glasses. They always arrive via Intl shipping in 7 days.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beeka
I found many opticians here are out to rip your off - just like in England.

When you see the massive special deals (2 for 1, 50% off, etc, etc) you start to question their original markup! I still spent hundreds on my first pair of glasses over here. I'm thinking specifically of OPSM and Carlisle Mason.

Anyway I've been working on vision improvement exercises which means I outgrow my lens prescription every few weeks. I've been getting my specs online from America for $29 US all inclusive - and they are just as good quality as the basic lenses at your local optician. In fact, it's impossible for me to tell the difference.

This link has a $10 coupon, otherwise they are normally $39 - still, a HUGE saving on high street opticians: 39 Dollar Glasses. They always arrive via Intl shipping in 7 days.
What's a vision improvement exercise?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

They are a rip off it gets on my tits, i had a mate in the UK a dispensing optician who would make any pair for mates for 25 quid, he said the dearest frame was only 15 quid to him