Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Specsavers coming to NZ

Specsavers coming to NZ

Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:43 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Specsavers coming to NZ

Originally Posted by love30stm
what a stupid thread
And not your finest moment either.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:54 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok dont let it get out of hand...and ignore
Old Nov 16th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

Specsavers is fast becoming one of the worst opticians over here.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 9:32 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patrick2007
Specsavers is fast becoming one of the worst opticians over here.
Well I agree i didnt like Specsavers...

Hey Patrick i agree with you for once
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirl
Yes and at least it will make the other opticians sit up and think about what they are charging when specsavers do great deals.
Yes, I've made comments about this before. Many businesses in NZ are old-fashioned and have very high profit margins. They need shaking up and reminding who is important. This includes dentists, optometrists etc

JB HiFi have done it to the CD/DVD/Game industry.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 11:03 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
Yes, I've made comments about this before. Many businesses in NZ are old-fashioned and have very high profit margins. They need shaking up and reminding who is important. This includes dentists, optometrists etc

JB HiFi have done it to the CD/DVD/Game industry.
totally, you might not love he multiples but they do tend to get the dead wood moving - only problem is that it can sometimes put the decent quality providers out of business.....
Old Nov 17th 2008, 2:15 am
Just Joined

Jennymckay688 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Specsavers coming to NZ

I just purchased glasses here and they set me back $1200. Did I hear someone say that M & S deliver to NZ. How does that work??
Old Nov 17th 2008, 2:38 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Well I agree i didnt like Specsavers...

Hey Patrick i agree with you for once
Hope he's sitting down - I agree with him too I've used them once because the frames fell apart within a year.

My specs have always cost me at least twice what other people have to pay - I have to have the lens thinned twice and other things that seem to make the cost ridiculous - the lens alone cost me nearly $700 this year. BUT, I only paid $34 for the frames on Trade Me You can get your prescription filled online now and it's a fraction of the cost that you'll pay even in Specsavers.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

mkumar is an unknown quantity at this point

Same with mobile phones - too expensive here.

I had a sony ericsson unlocked and sent over from the UK. Only cost me £80.
It's not available here, and is streets ahead of the $400-500 pieces of turd you get here.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
totally, you might not love he multiples but they do tend to get the dead wood moving - only problem is that it can sometimes put the decent quality providers out of business.....
Basically yes....with opticians and dentists you get what you pay for....cheapest is rarely best....but you may wish to have the option of a cheaper product because it better fits your budget.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:47 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit, my specsavers glasses were a bit cr*ppy. However, imo their cost was a huge factor in me being able to have a couple of different pairs - a cheap fashion pair, with prescription lenses is something you can't really do in NZ unless you happen to buy them when OPSM or similar has a 2 for 1 special.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

Last year went to an opticains to fix my glass as had broke of at the nose bridge, told would cost $3-400 for new ones in Lower Hutt. But my work mate took me to his opticain around the corner, and they repiared them for $40 and they are better than ever as they fixed one side you could see the differance. And I got them from specsavers in the UK.
Still think they messed up as now get head aches when I wear my vocal very glasses, just costs to much to get replacements.

regards

Stan

:curse::curse:
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

My 4 yr old son has worn glasses for 2 years and has never had a problem with his Specsavers ones. The only thing that went wrong is that he tripped and scratched the lens a couple of times but they mended them asap.

I can now get him 2 pairs for $249 in Specsavers
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by P2L
A little birdy told me they are opening in Richmond Mall in the New Year
Thank goodness .
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:15 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Thank goodness .
Hey, I've had Specsavers frames a few times and not had a real problem, the ones I am wearing for instance are 6 years old and because my eyes are ageing the local optician says they are fine again. They got about 4 years wear and lasted better than a pair of more expensive Boots ones as the Boots multi-coating peeled off like an old onion after 2 years.

The Boots service for eye test was better but the specsavers glasses were far better value. Got good value for eye testing here in NZ mind with attention to detail and friendly service for the whole family. Will have to check out Specsavers for new contact lenses though as they seem about 20-30% cheaper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.