Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Southerners talk us into it

Southerners talk us into it

Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:39 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Southerners talk us into it

Ok I have always wanted to go to the North Island and is the only place we visited on our recce trip in January. However I really want to visit and tour the South Island when we move over.

But Paladins trip and posts have got me curious about Nelson and the top of South Island.

So come on you Southerners talk us Northerners into it
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:45 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Southerners talk us into it

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Ok I have always wanted to go to the North Island and is the only place we visited on our recce trip in January. However I really want to visit and tour the South Island when we move over.

But Paladins trip and posts have got me curious about Nelson and the top of South Island.

We're hopefully off to Blenheim. It was the one place that always appealed to me, but thought we would never find work there, so very happy to be proved wrong!!!!

Think everywhere at the top of South Island is far enough away but close enough for if you need it Does that make sense??

Weather is very good too & I aint gonna say anymore cos Beachcombers will be after me
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:53 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Come on then why?

Give me details
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:55 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Come on then why?

Give me details

Can't Beachcombers gonna be our neighbour & he looks scary!!!!!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:10 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

THE FIRST RULE ABOUT MOVING TO BLENHEIM, IS THAT YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT MOVING TO BLENHEIM!

THE SECOND RULE ABOUT MOVING TO BLENHEIM, IS THAT YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT MOVING TO BLENHEIM!

Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:17 pm

People really do not want to know about - Affordable housing, NZ lowest unemployment, great community, best weather, access to the Sounds, fishing, diving, horse trekking, beaches, swimming in the river, the wonderful farmers market, good schools, spectacular scenery, excellent sausages, crayfish, Nelson and Kiakoura being "just over the hill", laid back lifestyle, happiness, watching shooting stars, getting to drive a monster truck and of course the wineries!

Seriously, we love it here and it really should be high on peoples list to check the place out, it just feels like our little secret!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

you've been watching to many movies
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
People really do not want to know about - Affordable housing, NZ lowest unemployment, great community, best weather, access to the Sounds, fishing, diving, horse trekking, beaches, swimming in the river, the wonderful farmers market, good schools, spectacular scenery, excellent sausages, crayfish, Nelson and Kiakoura being "just over the hill", laid back lifestyle, happiness, watching shooting stars, getting to drive a monster truck and of course the wineries!

Seriously, we love it here and it really should be high on peoples list to check the place out, it just feels like our little secret!
Now what are its good points?

Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:19 pm
Banned

So what is the climate like?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:20 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

So what is the climate like?

2,438 hours of sunshine a year
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:21 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Doh!!! I should've kept my big mouth shut!!!!

Sorry Steve, he made me do it
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
2,438 hours of sunshine a year
Ok so it as sunshine but whats the temp like compared to say Auckland?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:32 pm

Weather does not really compare. It is dry here, the airforce has a base here to store planes as the area has a low humidity.

On average 4-5 degrees hotter than Auckland in the summer, we have just had nearly two weeks of temps in the high 20's, this is why it is one of the worlds premier wine areas, high temps in the day, cool nights, sunshine.

It gets cold in winter, frost in the valley, snow in the hills (there is a small ski field here, another secret!).

Definitely somewhere you can experience all four seasons, I can wait for Autumn when the vines leaves change colour, see photo's and it looks just amazing!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering Jack, but have you gone off the North island because you wanted to live at Big Manly Beach & the locals said " No way Jack, it's Little Manly for you or nothing."
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
Just wondering Jack, but have you gone off the North island because you wanted to live at Big Manly Beach & the locals said " No way Jack, it's Little Manly for you or nothing."
Shhhhhhh........ secrets out

No wondered what all the fuss is about. Never say never and all that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.