South Auckland

Old Apr 15th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all
Default South Auckland

Has anyone bought in the South Auckland area? I have lived in Glenfield previously and i think the prices would be way out of reach. I know the south has its problems but it would be nothing compared to were iam now thats for certain. Anyone renting if so whats the prices to give us an idea thanks
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:47 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: South Auckland

You could look at a site like www.allrealestate.co.nz, click on the blue rent button and search the neighbourhoods that might interest you. Then when you see a few things that might interest you then perhaps you could solicit some further information from those who have their boots on the ground in Auckland.

Good luck.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

Ok many thanks for the info........
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick2007
Has anyone bought in the South Auckland area? I have lived in Glenfield previously and i think the prices would be way out of reach. I know the south has its problems but it would be nothing compared to were iam now thats for certain. Anyone renting if so whats the prices to give us an idea thanks
I don't know what problems you are dealing with now. In several suburbs
in South Auckland, the crime rate is high, especially burglery and vandalism.
Women and children would not be entirely safe walking alone at night.
I have lived in the Mangere/Papatoetoe/Otahuhu area for nearly two years
and have already been the victim of two major grafitti attacks, a breaking
and entering into our car, and in the past ten years the house I lived
in has been burgled twice. Traffic is usually pretty congested during
peak hours. Houses are not well built, not well maintained, and the
number of properties that look like they should be condemned is really
too high. My neighbors across the street live in a house I believe
should be considered unfit for human habitation. Interestingly enough,
they are also one of the few "Pakeha" famililies in the neighborhood.
I imagine you think I am exaggerating a bit, but unfortunately, I'm not.
It really is that bad.
Conversely, not all suburbs are so awful, at least in comparison.
The worst are: Otara, Mangere, Otahuhu. Somewhat less worse are: Papatoetoe, Mangere East, Manukau. Not too many British expatriots
live in these towns, so you might feel a little lonely, although if you
get a hankerin' for boiled taro or lamb flaps, there are many fish and
chips joints that would satisfy your craving.
There are many other suburbs, but I mention these because they are the
ones I know best.
A large back yard, or "section" as it is called here is becoming increasingly
rare, so in much of South Auckland you might have to content yourself
with not too large a property. There are exceptions, of course.
And many people rent, so that adds to that fact that properties are not
so well maintained.
Sorry, but don't know about rental prices.
Good luck.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

What are lamb flaps?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jueinnz
What are lamb flaps?
Not really sure. They look a bit like what's labelled "pork slices"
in the supermarkets. Since I'm not familiar with that particular
cut of meat either, don't know if they're similar.
They don't look too appetizing, though. Mostly fat and bone.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Weezer, so South Auckland sounds pretty much the same then as when i was last there like you say it depends what part.