Sorry to say, leaving for Canada

Sorry to say, leaving for Canada

Old May 22nd 2007, 1:30 am
Clear sighted member

tootsie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sorry to say, leaving for Canada

Originally Posted by Apple13
Poppy,
Has it occurred to you that living in Wanganui (pop ~ 40,000), one hour from PN (University town with most of the amenities that you describe) might just be the cause of your problems.

If you move to Halifax, pop ~360,000, and containing 40% of all Nova Scotians (according to one website I found), then of course it is likely to have more shops and movie theatres etc... it is a bigger town!

Choosing to live in Wanganui means that you are living in a small town, I would imagine that if you had have chosen to live in one of NZ's larger cities then you might have had a different experience.

I can't see how comparing the lifestyle available in a city like Halifax and a town like Wanganui is comparing apples with apples.

Also, reading through the whole thread, I don't think you should be so quick to dismiss the expereinces of another poster, just because he/she doesn't agree with you. It sounds to me that they make many valid points.
Hey, interesting choice of words for your first post Apple13 .
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy2
Well soulflour, we are different. But it would appear that if I say black, you say white.........and quite honestly all your points have been condescending one way or another. I have never said anyone was misguided being here, I have even said there is lots we have loved and will miss. I have also said how proud I am that we made the move and did such a great job for 4 years, removating a house, enjoying the coutryside, working hard in a small midwifery unit. It therefore really galls me, as I suspect it is intended to, that you feel able to say you feel sorry for me. Its patronising to say the least, and says volumes about you as an individual and very little about this thread.
???? gosh - i didn't mean to to gall you at ALL. I just meant that you sounded as though you've been really unhappy and I just hoped that it would work out for you!

I was just interested in your post and your reasons, is all.

I'm very very sorry to hear about your father. PLEASE look after yourself. I lost my mum in my early twenties to a sudden death and it DEVASTATED me, for far longer, looking back, than I realised even at the time. Please please please take care of yourself.

SF
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:06 am
Clear sighted member

That's more like it !
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice

Old May 22nd 2007, 2:13 am
Clear sighted member

Aww...don't detract from your lovely apology to Poppy. She's having a hard time and she probably welcomes your support and good advice .

Last edited by tootsie; May 22nd 2007 at 2:15 am. Reason: edited, as usual, for crap spelling :)
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

baffled!
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:33 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

The loss of my Dad is very fresh and painful for me right now, so thank you very much for that -it means a lot.
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:46 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Tootsie is one of my fave films, another good reason to like you!
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

It is the most horrible, horrible thing

{{{hugs}}}
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:32 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Poppy, hope the move to NS goes well for you. Sounds like you and your family tend to get the best out of where ever you may be.

Also, like others I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I bet that has made the distance factor so much harder again.

Would still love to hear more about your house renovation - how about starting a new thread for that???
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by soulflour
baffled!
Well I'm not. Very relieved to read that there was no intention to, in any way, 'stomp' on Poppy2 posts or to infer that she had somehow made wrong choices , simply because her family is making an informed & balanced decision to once again migrate.

Anyone who looks at their life and says I want more, I want to experience more and broaden my horizons - then moves to the other side of the globe.............they dont deserve people to feel sorry for them, they deserve a bloody big pat on the back and *good on yer fella*
Yay for that

I would like to echo Southerner.

Poppy, hope the move to NS goes well for you. Sounds like you and your family tend to get the best out of where ever you may be.
You certainly are one heck of a family. With your attitude to life , it would have been a pleasure to meet you.

Thank you for sharing . I've enjoyed reading your wonderfully written posts & I do hope you stay around the board a while longer. As Southerner suggests, you have 4 years of life and experiences in New Zealand to share.

I am so very very sorry to read of your loss Poppy2. This is very sad news, particularly given your plans. Across the miles must be all the more tough. My heart goes out to you.
Many of us will know the jagged raw pain that comes with the loss of someone we deeply love. If you are one that feels writing helps , please feel free to PM me.

Best wishes
BEVS

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 7th 2008 at 2:40 am. Reason: bung in a bit
Old May 22nd 2007, 5:46 am
NS covern member #1

Words fail me, and as you may have gathered from this long thread, that is rare and unusual. Talking about my Dad today has stirred up emotions again and I feel quiet for a moment. Jagged pain describes it so well.

I want to say that I appreciate your words so much, and all the words of understanding, warmth and support throughout this thread.

Ah so many experiences in 4 years! Ones that make us laugh till the tears fall, its been funny at times let me tell you! Another thread for another day!

Old May 22nd 2007, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Well I'm not. Very relieved to read that there was no intention to, in any way, 'stomp' on Poppy2 posts or to infer that she had somehow made wrong choices , simply because her family is making an informed & balanced decision to once again migrate.

But that's why i'm baffled - i'm baffled by toot's 'policing' of me, when all I'd tried to asked was had they tried to insulate their house? I only asked that because when we started we didn't really know which bit to start with (it's still a state internally) and we still wonder if we started with the right thing.

I NEVER intended to 'stomp' on Poppy - obviously I was too lighthearted for the thread, for which I apologise, but to be fair at that point I had no idea that she'd just been bereaved - obv I would never have been lighthearted had I known that.

I've been there, I know how it feels. I also know that when it happened to me I changed EVERYTHING - my town, my house, my boyfriend - EVERYTHING. And that's not necessarily a good thing (but then again maybe it was? who knows where lifes twists and turns may take us?!).

SF

p.s. 'feeling sorry' for someone isn't a negative or bad thing. why would anyone think that? it just means feeling compassion for. Obviously there's been a bit of a misunderstanding here! I'm glad it's sorted {{hugs}} again.
Old May 22nd 2007, 6:17 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel - all the best for the move oop North. Hope it all works out for you. You obviously have a sensible head on your shoulders so I'm sure all will be good. Enjoyed the thread and nice to see it hasn't degenerated into the usual sniping.

All the best!
Old May 22nd 2007, 6:27 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppy2
The loss of my Dad is very fresh and painful for me right now, so thank you very much for that -it means a lot.
Dear Poppy2, what can I say? Nothing, I know. Just take care and take comfort from the people who care about you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.