Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sorry, but you can't rain on my parade.

Sorry, but you can't rain on my parade.

Old May 3rd 2007, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry, but you can't rain on my parade.

Originally Posted by phil01
Well I have read a few posts from donnaf and have found her generally to be positive and a nice poster! I have certainly reached the stage of wanting to say the same thing on many occasions and probably have, but my aim by coming on the site is to try and be helpful to people wanting advice...I do retaliate when attacked or should I say did...now I try and ignore the we hate NZ'ers and try not to respond to the constant picking at those of us that are happy tree huggers.
i agree donna is lovely, i would hazzard a guess that the quote mentioned sounds more like danny. (maybe mistakenly posting under donnas sign on!!??) If donnas got something to say she generally says it with , a bit more polish than Danny. Danny is more says what he thinks as he thinks it ,guy. & i think they would understand what i mean by that, & won't be affended. That said if that is donnas quote she must have been really hacked off!!
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:35 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

I agree. Its not the negative stuff. Hey, everyone likes a good moan every once in a while. Sometimes need to get stuff off your chest but as everyone has said, its the shere nastiness thats around. As a fairly newish person, its pretty offputting.
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
I am well thank you. I read somewhere that you have moved into your own place. Are you settled in now? How long ago was it?

Same for me, the slagging off is horrible, and uncalled for in a forum about moving to NZ!
yep me moved in the beginning of march, & are now just starting to sort stuff out. have changed light fittings , getting blinds /curtains sorted & are in about to have a new bathroom/loo & laundry done once designs are approved. (then we're skint!!) lots of work to do but bathroom is urgent. house will be an ongoing project for a while yet!
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:19 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a rose tinted spectacle wearing, tree hugging, happy camping, eternally optimistic, type of chap. Who lives in warm dry house, has a job, feels settled, drinks wine, loves his wife and generally happy with my lot in life.

Anyone got a problem with that?

*Beachcombers begins elaborate Eddie Murphy style kung fu warm up.
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:40 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to barge in on you peeps in NZ (i'm in OZ).........but i would just like to say i am so glad it's not just the OZ forums that have bitchy cat fights between members. Negativity can be a good thing as not everything is for everyone and we do need to see both sides of the coin.
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
I am a rose tinted spectacle wearing, tree hugging, happy camping, eternally optimistic, type of chap. Who lives in warm dry house, has a job, feels settled, drinks wine, loves his wife and generally happy with my lot in life.

Ditto!
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dazal
I agree. Its not the negative stuff. Hey, everyone likes a good moan every once in a while. Sometimes need to get stuff off your chest but as everyone has said, its the shere nastiness thats around. As a fairly newish person, its pretty offputting.
Don't be put off dazal...I was for a while but now I can ignore those that try to pick a fight...the forum is really useful we found it valuable and informative whilst in the UK and again since we have been here.
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AlbieLittle
Do you include yourself in the "nasty" category? I just read one of your responses, see below

"
Lexylou-shut up you moaning,whingeing gobshite. Would've pm'd you but you obviously like it up front-so there it is.
Before anyone has a go-freedom of speech-just putting across my opinion."
What have you got against me Albie? Get your facts right, check that thread again and you will clearly see that it was not posted by me. So no I don't class myself as nasty, I would never post anything that would cause anyone a minutes upset no matter how much I disagree with them - unlike several others on here. if I have something to say I pm the person rather than post it for everyone to see.

Poppets, Phil01 and Jude - thanks for the positive vibes.

Last edited by donnaf; May 3rd 2007 at 3:26 am.
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:26 am
WAS bored stiff in USA

cyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud of

A lot of the "old" posters have gone to pastures new - what a shame as all their experience and good advice has gone with them.[/QUOTE]

Where are the pastures new , can i come? I'm also one of the tree huggers who loves our life here
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:40 am
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough

your .life sounds as good as mine, ain't it sweet bro
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:53 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by donnaf
What have you got against me Albie? Get your facts right, check that thread again and you will clearly see that it was not posted by me. So no I don't class myself as nasty, I would never post anything that would cause anyone a minutes upset no matter how much I disagree with them - unlike several others on here. if I have something to say I pm the person rather than post it for everyone to see.

Poppets, Phil01 and Jude - thanks for the positive vibes.
sorry it was danny.f! Apologies.

Nothing against you personally, honest.
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 3rd 2007, 6:39 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto for me too!

Just to clarify - I love my wife not yours

Though I'm sure your wife is lovely, nothing personal.

Shall I keep digging or stop right now?
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AlbieLittle
sorry it was danny.f! Apologies.

Nothing against you personally, honest.
Apology accepted
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phil01
I agree it's a site for anyone wanting to post and can be invaluable to those who want some advice or assistance. I have met quite a few people through this site that I have been able to offer my view to about trucking in NZ and they seem to have found that information useful. We have kept in touch and look forward to meeting up with them when they get here.

I certainly won't let anyone put me off posting no matter how often they attempt to pick a fight with me just because I am a happy tree hugger...better than what I was called on the UK forum a troll in sh**...ha ha...it really did just make me smile that someone could get that enraged just because I had an opinion that was different to theirs...Live and let Live and if I can offer any help or advice to someone that is making the move then I will...but of course it is only my humble opinion and experiences not the gospel according to......
Hear hear Phil01,

You have gave us some invaluable advice and I thank you both very much.

Will be inviting you down to the BOP when we arrive and settle.

Just wish that all members would be so kind. This slag fest is very off putting for the newbies, or even just the longer members who like to trawl through on a regular basis.

Lets hope it stops soon,

Nici

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.