Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Songs for (depressed) expats to avoid

Songs for (depressed) expats to avoid

Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:20 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Songs for (depressed) expats to avoid

Carole King - So Far Away

Add yours here.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:40 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Songs for (depressed) expats to avoid

Carole King (again) - You've Got A Friend

(can you tell I'm listening to "Tapestry"? )

My best friend from childhood went practically bankrupt - had 3 quid left in the bank! - by coming to the US for my and hubby's wedding way way back in the mid-90s. Now Alex is getting married this summer and I can't make it back (too skint - all our money went into the house / to the US taxman, the bastard) to give them a good send-off. Am gutted.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, it was "Distant Sun" by Crowded House that I kept hearing in the UK (and its one of my fav songs, never helps!) and always made me think of coming back out here....
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:41 am
Maz

Originally Posted by irnbru14 View Post
Funny, it was "Distant Sun" by Crowded House that I kept hearing in the UK (and its one of my fav songs, never helps!) and always made me think of coming back out here....
That's one of my faves, too. But it makes me extremely melancholy no matter my previous mood.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:49 am
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Green Green Grass of Home - Tom Jones
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:49 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all

Everybody hurts.. R.E.M ?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
That's one of my faves, too. But it makes me extremely melancholy no matter my previous mood.
Before I was coming out, was an Usher at one of my best friends weddings, and between the sets the band were doing they had an mp3 playlist playing in the background, and put that on for me
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:49 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Danny Boy - whenever I hear of someone of my parents' generation passing on I have to avoid this one........but I have it by Eva Cassidy, OMG......no
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:03 am
Maz

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Green Green Grass of Home - Tom Jones
I was waiting for someone to say that one. Good choice. If you want to feel mis, that is.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:44 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dribble View Post
Everybody hurts.. R.E.M ?
Heard that in the Gym back in October/November when I was still pretty fragile. Sat there on the exercise bike, pedalling furiously with tears running down my face for about 6k, so I'll second that one
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:47 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Vindaloo - Fat Les
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:50 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Not depressed at the mo, but there a couple of songs that I like to listen to when thinking of my Dad. Not missing the UK (yet) so not sure what I would want to listen to for 'missing home'.

My songs for Dad are:

The Smiths - There is a light and it never goes out
In particular the chorus:

And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine
And The Beatles - In My Life
There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:52 am
Maz

One, by U2. Makes me think of my near-miss in Montreal...

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego View Post
Vindaloo - Fat Les
Que?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Anything by Coldplay.
Or YNWA
OR by any band by Stock,Aitken or Waterman
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:22 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Tears on my pillow, pain in my heart, cos of yOOOOOOOUUUUUUUooooooo

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.