Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sometimes it all just comes together....

Sometimes it all just comes together....

Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of
Default Sometimes it all just comes together....

Thought I would start one of those happy threads and share our news

After the debate of job or lifestyle we decided we would go for lifestyle and the jobs would have to sort themselves so we braced ourselves for the worst in deciding to head to Hawkes Bay. So we moved to my parents as an interim measure and decided to find jobs on arrival. After an initial disappointment on missing out so narrowly on a job when we first arrived some 9 weeks on, Si and I have managed to find good jobs within our professions and only a block apart from each other, we found a lovely nursery another block away for our wee man and today have gone unconditional on a house which is another 3 blocks away. So all we now have to do is hope our container made its tranship to Wellington so it gets delivered just after we move... and a life of worklife balance should begin.

So all in all life is on the up and right now I am happy to be home (even among the horrors of the pj shoppers )
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sometimes it all just comes together....

Originally Posted by Si19761
Thought I would start one of those happy threads and share our news

After the debate of job or lifestyle we decided we would go for lifestyle and the jobs would have to sort themselves so we braced ourselves for the worst in deciding to head to Hawkes Bay. So we moved to my parents as an interim measure and decided to find jobs on arrival. After an initial disappointment on missing out so narrowly on a job when we first arrived some 9 weeks on, Si and I have managed to find good jobs within our professions and only a block apart from each other, we found a lovely nursery another block away for our wee man and today have gone unconditional on a house which is another 3 blocks away. So all we now have to do is hope our container made its tranship to Wellington so it gets delivered just after we move... and a life of worklife balance should begin.

So all in all life is on the up and right now I am happy to be home (even among the horrors of the pj shoppers )
Congratulations. I love stories like this, perseverance and it all slots in to place. Well done and best of luck.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Good luck and well done. We did much the same thing and 3 months without work just about took us to financial breaking point. We had savings to live on for 3 months. So when 3 months came and went
Two weeks after that a job offer for my husband came which included relocation to another town in New Zealand - job done.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Si19761
Thought I would start one of those happy threads and share our news So all in all life is on the up and right now I am happy to be home (even among the horrors of the pj shoppers )
Brilliant great to hear a happy and honest post despite the dreaded PJ shoppers!.... hope no-one saw me!!

Wishing you and your 'wee man' much happiness in HB