Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Something Positive to Think Of

Something Positive to Think Of

Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:21 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Something Positive to Think Of

If you had to leave NZ and you were allowed to take something with you as a momento, what would it be? Whether it be a view, clean air, an object, etc or a memory? What has made a positive, lasting impression on you that you treasure?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:37 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something Positive to Think Of

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
If you had to leave NZ and you were allowed to take something with you as a momento, what would it be? Whether it be a view, clean air, an object, etc or a memory? What has made a positive, lasting impression on you that you treasure?

The memory of my kids being just that, 'kids'

Good thread my friend
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:43 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

The Blackcaps' series whitewash of Aussie earlier this year in the Chappell-Hadlee Series. Skittled the Aussies out in Wellington and came back and chased down huge totals in Auckland and Hamilton.

Sweet!

Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:18 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Richie McCaw - I'm not leaving NZ without him
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:29 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

The sound of a Tui in the morning
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Batty
The sound of a Tui in the morning
Lying in the Mount hot pools looking up at Mauo...
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Oh blimey.... thats a hard one! Can I take my local beach with me?? Might look a bit odd on the edge of Peterborough near the A1 though.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Staar will become famous soon enoughStaar will become famous soon enough

For me it has to be that everyone smiles and says hello! People jog past my kitchen window everyday and wave to me, I think thats fab! Its such a small thing but ever so important imho.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:04 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Staar
For me it has to be that everyone smiles and says hello! People jog past my kitchen window everyday and wave to me, I think thats fab! Its such a small thing but ever so important imho.
Is there a cab shortage and are they late?

The country, that's what I'd take with me ... which obviously includes my house, everyone here etc, etc, is that cheating?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

It would have to be all the sights and activities of the SI, amazing!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:55 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to all those of you who have replied so far. I thought after the 'dark' few days on this forum people would love to have something positive to think about but how wrong! I'm amazed at how quickly people seek out the 'negative' threads and can't wait to bang on a post and have a moan and dissappointed that given something positive to think of, a lot of them go quiet (and curiously it seems to be the men?).

Oh, well. Guess that's a sad truth of human nature.

For me it would be the big blue sky. It's like living in a snow dome, you can just see from horizon to horizon, (but without the little flaky bits floating around, obviously!)
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Seeing my beloved cats sitting in cat high meadow grass in next doors paddock with loads of safe space around them.

Phil says it was skiing on snow for the first time ever and having the company of the Kea parrots whilst doing it.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:22 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to take the Kiwi "Can do" attitude away with me (not that I am going any where).

I was amazed at the recent cave rescue. One of their mates was in trouble, everyone dropped everything and got stuck in. It epitomised everything we would hope our kids will learn being here, loyalty, friendship, risk taking and what it is like to be the humblest heros. Awesome!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Yea, great thread,would have to agree with Staar,Kiwi's have the time to stop and speak,and they smile all the time,the friendliness that's what i would take back(which i aint gonna be doin!)
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:01 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

ok seriously then. If I cant entice Richie away with me then it would have to be the friendliness of the people for me as well. I love the way people just talk to you on the street or in a shop or on the bus and no one thinks your a complete lunatic for doing it. Would want to take Hahai beach with me as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.