Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is someone having a laugh?

Is someone having a laugh?

Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Kiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to behold
Default Is someone having a laugh?

Rightmove today sent me a junk email, with their their heading "more amazing deals" for worldwide properties. I scrolled down and checked the NZ house mentioned. This is obscenely expensive! can someone please explain this?! How can this be worth this price for A TWO BEDROOM!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-...yType%3Dhouses

They didnt even think to update the carpets before commanding that price - well moody!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is someone having a laugh?

Originally Posted by Kiwi-Irish
Rightmove today sent me a junk email, with their their heading "more amazing deals" for worldwide properties. I scrolled down and checked the NZ house mentioned. This is obscenely expensive! can someone please explain this?! How can this be worth this price for A TWO BEDROOM!

They didnt even think to update the carpets before commanding that price - well moody!
Location Locaton Location and those views must be worth that!!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

if you look at the section size at over 2500m2 you would be able to subdivide assuming the consents are there to allow then recoup a wad of cash from it that way And at 260m2 house its not exactly a small holiday home either. ............. just noticed it it in GBP though, pretty sure thats a typo and should be in NZ$
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Kiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alanmacc
if you look at the section size at over 2500m2 you would be able to subdivide assuming the consents are there to allow then recoup a wad of cash from it that way And at 260m2 house its not exactly a small holiday home either. ............. just noticed it it in GBP though, pretty sure thats a typo and should be in NZ$
ooooh, maybe thats the problem - cause Pounds? surely not.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

ooooh, maybe thats the problem - cause Pounds? surely not.
if it is right and they are trying to punt it for $1.3m kiwi then yes they are having a laugh, for that money id go for something like this http://www.premium.co.nz/50109/

we can but dream
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

if it is right and they are trying to punt it for $1.3m kiwi then yes they are having a laugh, for that money id go for something like this http://www.premium.co.nz/50109/

we can but dream
or if you want to be really flash

http://www.premium.co.nz/7447/
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

F*** me is all I can say ... scuse the French! How nice to be rich.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

fab - wonder how much the window cleaner gets paid to do his job in that location!!!! I look at that view pretty much every day as I have a painting on me wall LOL !!!!! Mrs Bucket would be very much at home!! Richard...... wine and nibbles on the patio dear !!!!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

That area looks like Maungatapu/ Welcome bay.1/2 way between Tauranga CBD and Mt Maunganui. I would say they are clinging to the price ( $1000,000 approx ) they probably would have obtained pre-recession. It is a large ? flat section, and a year or two ago would have been snatched up by a crazy developer. Times however have changed.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:06 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

we can but dream
umm nice - monolithic building construction!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 10:47 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be half surprised at that price considering the size of the land.

The building, no. The land (if it's good and developable) yes.

In saying that, I have no idea about Tauranga and whether that's a good deal. Sounds like a shedload to me!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess

In saying that, I have no idea about Tauranga and whether that's a good deal. Sounds like a shedload to me!
Plenty of bargains to be had for cash buyers at the moment in the Tauranga / Mt area. Difficult times for a few over committed people at present. Wouldn't touch this one for more than $ 600 k. Actually, I wouldn't go near it at all. ( They don't mention that it also looks out towards a busy motorway ! )

Last edited by Hokey-pokey; Oct 22nd 2009 at 1:58 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

When you want a laugh you can't beat this house, it is continually on the market.
The 18 caret gold taps must be to die for!
I have noticed that it says 3 bedrooms but one would have to be used as an office in this day and age, so that basically leaves a 2 bedroom house with 8 car garaging! What is going on here?! Surprisingly it never sells, great location but has very little land.

http://www.bayleys.co.nz/10655278
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

I can't see the price anywhere ...
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:16 am
Banned

Madmaxdeux will become famous soon enough

If you get any change there is always this place to be had

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-pr...-247951132.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.