British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Someone explain to me why..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/someone-explain-me-why-516721/)

dreamfish Feb 24th 2008 5:02 am

Someone explain to me why.....

.... I got so bloomin' excited when I discovered a pack of tesco butt wipe when we were unpacking this weekend? A 24 pack no less.

I was elated, exclaiming 'Result!!' at the top of my voice. :blink:

What surprises did you discover when doing your unpacking?

karonious Feb 24th 2008 5:19 am

Re: Someone explain to me why.....

Originally Posted by dreamfish (Post 5975908)

A dried up cheese and onion sandwich in the kitchen bin - the packers hadn't seen it so it came with us as well! :eek:

Maz Feb 24th 2008 5:22 am

The littl'un's 100+ stuffed animals. :heart: She had missed them so! OK so it wasn't a surprise as we knew they had been packed, but she sure was happy! :heart:

As for me, I was oddly deliriously happy when I rediscovered my clothes peg bag. :blink:

mickey_d Feb 24th 2008 5:22 am

We had the telephone wall socket connected to the end of our telephone cable. I know it was loose on the wall, so the packers obviously just pulled to hard!!!
When we moved within New Zealand we found the contents of the kitchen bin, curtains from our rental which had been taken down & packed in a cupboard before we moved in & 8 old glass lampshades from our rental as well:rofl:

donnaf Feb 24th 2008 6:32 am

A half empty and very mouldy jar of black olives that the packers had lovingly wrapped and packed in a kitchenware box. The brine had leaked everywhere - neithe MAF or customs spotted this.
A better surprise was some English pounds that a friend had given this kids that we thought had been stolen by said packers - shame on us:o

irnbru14 Feb 24th 2008 9:53 am

Originally Posted by dreamfish (Post 5975908)
.... I got so bloomin' excited when I discovered a pack of tesco butt wipe when we were unpacking this weekend? A 24 pack no less.

I was elated, exclaiming 'Result!!' at the top of my voice. :blink:

I was suprised how little 20kgs of stuff astually looks like when you unpack it :rofl:

dreamfish Feb 24th 2008 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru14 (Post 5976441)
I was suprised how little 20kgs of stuff astually looks like when you unpack it :rofl:

that's your whole life that is, there, in your suit case :)

irnbru14 Feb 25th 2008 4:07 am

Originally Posted by dreamfish (Post 5978090)
that's your whole life that is, there, in your suit case :)

Nah, have been shopping since :thumbsup::rofl: