Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Some panoramas from our South Island trip last week.

Some panoramas from our South Island trip last week.

Old Feb 2nd 2017, 12:28 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some panoramas from our South Island trip last week.

Thought you might like some NZ Eye Candy.

Maruia Falls. Five days apart.

Picton

Wellington

Views from the ferry

Last edited by RobClubley; Feb 2nd 2017 at 12:33 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 12:31 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some panoramas from our South Island trip last week.

The view from our Fox Glacier hotel

Lake Matheson. Not living up to its nickname of "mirror lake"

Lake Hawea

Old Feb 2nd 2017, 12:32 am
Happy in Wellington

Oamaru Harbour

More Wellington

Views from the ferry

Old Feb 2nd 2017, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

What beautiful photos! Thank you. Looks like you had a great time.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of

How lucky we are to live in such a beautiful country. Thank you for them.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 7:40 pm
Happy in Wellington

We had an awesome time despite the weather! We avoided most of the heavy rain but had to re-book almost everything that we booked 8 months ago due to closed roads - land slips, fallen trees, floods etc.
At one point when we were in Nelson every road South was closed - Murchison, Greymouth (both roads), Lewis Pass and Arthurs Pass. And SH1 Kaikoura road of course.

I think the father-in-law thought I was mental when we were standing in 20 degree sunshine and I'm saying two hours away the roads are all closed. It took some time to convince him that there really is only one road to most places.

I have many more photos, I can link some from Facebook if anyone's interested
For some reason FB seems to change image addresses occasionally so the links might not stay!
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much Rob for the photos, they are beautiful! It's great seeing photos of places I haven't been, such as Wellington.

I am looking forward to getting back, haven't been for a visit in 3 years!

Michelle
Old Mar 9th 2017, 1:20 am
Happy in Wellington

A couple more I made yesterday from the Turoa ski field car park up Mt Ruapehu.

And one from last week of the valley where we live. Grenada North, Redwood, Tawa, Linden, Porirua. We're somewhere on the left side!

Old Mar 9th 2017, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful again! I am coming back at the end of the year, I have seen some of the South Island before I had kids, I look forward to taking them around, they haven't been past Greymouth! I look forward to seeing the North Island down the track as well.

Old Mar 9th 2017, 5:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Did I see these before? I can't think how I missed them.

The Maruia Falls are fab. We try to take all our visitors there as it shows a quake line too. Didn't this time in Feb because of the roads.

I agree about Lake Matheson. In the 90's it was a mirror lake & quite unspoilt but the last few times it simply hasn't been and the track is a bit offputting. There are better lakes which are also very beautiful.

I love your pics Rob. Looking at those it is well overdue that we re-tour the NI.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 7:44 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice pictures Rob.

Please can I have a link to your Facebook page to see the rest of the photos ? PM it to me for privacy if you like.

Glad you had a nice a nice holiday despite things having to be re-booked, re-routed, rescheduled etc.