British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   some good news (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/some-good-news-587273/)

CarolineSwan Jan 27th 2009 3:02 am

some good news

just thought i would share some good news.. i have been saying to gary for a while that i have to get out to work for some caz time and to meet people etc , well i dropped lucy at nursery this afternoon and came home and typed up some letters to hand in to the local businesses, well i then went for a walk and next thing my phone went and it was from owner of a cafe/ restaurant place 100 metres from my house that i really fancied , well she told me to pop in and guess what, i got a trial next tue... she says a few of her staff going away to uni and she wanting someone with exp but happy with just a few hours a day, which suits me as i can drop lucy at nursery go to work for a few hours then pick her up... so chuffed just hope the trial goes ok ... also while out walking i found a wee hairdressers and i booked an app to get hair done in 3 weeks, they will do full head of blonde with high lights for 70/80 dollars.... also while out my walk i got talking to this old man, i saw this lovely house and commented on it, turned out to be his lol ended up in meeting the wife and getting shown round the house

anyway sorry for the ramble just thought id share my news lol
lol what a day, loving it loving it

caz

nukiwi Jan 27th 2009 5:06 am

Re: some good news

What a great day you've had. Well done and good luck with the job trial. :thumbsup:

SarahB Jan 27th 2009 5:31 am

I'm pleased for you... I am looking forward to when my youngest goes to school and I can get some part time work again.

Not having such a good day here, took my son to the Doctors and he has chicken pox (which was pretty obvious to me anyway!:))... I dont expect he will be starting back to school next week. So we are kinda stuck in a bit at the moment... then I expect his little sister will get it too... fun times!

garryhg Jan 27th 2009 5:36 am

Well done you,and good luck with your new job....and your hair...lol...my walks are never that interesting...:(...but roll on next week when the schools go back..some free time:thumbsup:Jacky

iwannagonow Jan 27th 2009 8:56 am

WOW...what a brilliant day you're having!

Good luck with the job trial, hope it goes well...I'm sure you'll be fine

By the way, don't forget blondes have more fun...you go girl!! :thumbsup:

jimanddebs Jan 27th 2009 11:12 am

do me a favour caz

next time you go for one of those walks take debs with you hahaha
well done you, you 3 will have to come over once the stuff is all in the house so you can sit on a proper chair hahaha, tell gaz i will have some beer in the beer fridge. we will buy extra bananas for lucy as well.

well done young lady xx

CarolineSwan Jan 27th 2009 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by jimanddebs (Post 7217136)
do me a favour caz

next time you go for one of those walks take debs with you hahaha
well done you, you 3 will have to come over once the stuff is all in the house so you can sit on a proper chair hahaha, tell gaz i will have some beer in the beer fridge. we will buy extra bananas for lucy as well.

well done young lady xx

a proper chair, no way im throwing out my lovely leather corner suite cos im loving these super comfy deck chairs hahahaha not

cant believe you getting yours this weekend and we not till march 9th :ohmy: :ohmy:

lol i cant wait for job to start, ty everyone for good wishes, im very excited as i havnt worked for 3 years , from mat leave really so dying to get a bit of caz time

caz

CarolineSwan Jan 27th 2009 6:11 pm

By the way, don't forget blondes have more fun...you go girl!! :thumbsup:
oh i know this lol why the hell did i go brunette my hairdresser was like you will hate it, i convinced her i wouldnt OMG i hate it make me blonde again lol

CarolineSwan Feb 3rd 2009 8:10 pm

Well i had my trial yesterday and 30 minutes into shift she said i was great and offered me the job, manager said she was so happy to have someone with so much exp, i managed also to get a higher rate than whatshe offered with promise that she would bumpit up once i finish my training.I absolutly loved the shift,im one of these sad people thatlove going into work lol..

Other good news is hubby got a promotion and a nice wee wage rise

Fiji here we come

caz

garryhg Feb 3rd 2009 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by carolineshewan (Post 7245036)
Well i had my trial yesterday and 30 minutes into shift she said i was great and offered me the job, manager said she was so happy to have someone with so much exp, i managed also to get a higher rate than whatshe offered with promise that she would bumpit up once i finish my training.I absolutly loved the shift,im one of these sad people thatlove going into work lol..

Other good news is hubby got a promotion and a nice wee wage rise

Fiji here we come

caz

Its all good for you at the moment...congrats to you both....Jacky

jimanddebs Feb 4th 2009 7:49 am

when all your roses are grown can we have some hahahaha

well done caz, deb said you had enjoyed it, tell gaz i got some golf shoes for my birthday so im free for golf when he has a spare few hours once im back from auckland.

jim and debs xx :thumbsup:

iwannagonow Feb 4th 2009 8:12 am

That's brilliant news...well done...to both of you :thumbsup:

CarolineSwan Feb 4th 2009 7:02 pm

tyty everyone

i will tell him jim,he dying for a round on inglewood to see it b4 he joins it ,