Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Some Advice Needed re: Bogans and car parking

Some Advice Needed re: Bogans and car parking

Old Jan 14th 2018, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of
Default Some Advice Needed re: Bogans and car parking

Hi. For those not in NZ please be aware that there are a lot of bogans around. Chav like people who have no class, manners or common courtesy.

My neighbour was having some do today and lots of people came round. One person parked on my front lawn leaving a tyre mark on the grass. I was out so only saw this when I got home. Some crappy bogan car which is super loud.

I didn’t go round and complain as god knows how many years in jail the visitors had already clocked up so I didn’t feel safe saying anything. Must have been at least 25 people round. All rough looking animals.

The car was 100% off road on my property. I took a pic of the car but couldn’t get the number plate. It’s gone now. It’s a unique car so easy to spot.

Can anyone recommend a course of action should anyone park on my lawn again? Could I call the police?Has this happened to anyone else?

I hate making a fuss. Or causing tension. Neighbours in NZ are awful. Never had any good ones. I’ve done nothing wrong to these neighbors yet they couldn’t even ask their guest to move their car.

We are the best neighbours ever, quiet, polite and never bother anyone. Sadly surrounded by bogan twats in all directions here. Neighbours in the UK were so much better. No one would dream of parking on someone else’s lawn. Well they prob would in lots of areas, but not in places i’ve lived.

Unless you have money to live in a fancy suburb bogans are a threat.

Sorry, needed to vent.

Last edited by DennisBergkamp; Jan 14th 2018 at 7:40 am.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Advice Needed re: Bogans and car parking

options are
tell the police but its over now and they are probably busy
talk to the neighbour
move house

always had great neighbours myself
Old Jan 14th 2018, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

If it happens again issue them with a trespass notice! ... But if you were too scared to ask them to move it this time then I doubt you'll do this.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Well. It happened again today so I went round to neighbour.

Asked politely to neigbour if guests could move car and he went nuts. Said his wife is dying of cancer and I can stuff my property rights and This that and the other. I apologised for his news and then I was kind of asked to leave by one his guests.

The car moved off drive though so that’s a bonus.

Will wait and see what happens next. Can’t exactly go round again.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Sound like nice people (not) we have had similar issues with neighbours who on the face of it are 'upper middle' bogan living in reasonably nice neighbourhood and appear quite normal; yet they still do totally arsey things and behave in a very unneighbourly manner. e.g. Visitors parking on and across our drive, allowing their offspring to form what can only be described a car club sitting outside their garage on the driveway drinking, gobbing off, spitting and tossing beer bottles and rubbish in any direction.

If you have the strength and fortitude to tackle it then the trespass law would be the way to go; I looked into it a bit myself recently and it's pretty clear that anyone on your property without your permission is breaking the law.

Trespass notices | New Zealand Police

Given the mention of dying missus then you might give them a bit of latitude this time; especially if its a recent and new thing - I have heard that one before and was subsequently presented with a letter which appeared to be a letter from the hospital to prove it bit still should not totally not an excuse for anyone to be parking a car on or across your drive without asking. Thankfully for us that particular a-hole moved on but there's another one just like it up the road.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Jan 15th 2018 at 5:34 am.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the tresspass link bo-jangles. Will keep that in mind.

If his story is true I expect the crowds will build over next few days/weeks if there is a funeral. Our street is long. People can park anywhere. But can’t be bothered to walk 20 seconds so park on someone’s drive/lawn. If he or someone in his group had asked in advance about using part of my drive I may have said yes. The arrogance to just go ahead and do it means that offer is not coming anytime soon.

Can’t see this guy moving. He’s a local for life.

This is our first house. Next time we’ll scout a future house at all hours of the day to see who’s about and what they get up to bogan wise. Been here 3.5 years and first major hassle. Other than usual noise control for odd party and had to call dog control on another neighbor who’s dog came into our yard and chased our cat.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

What's stopping you going fully fenced? Then you hand the douchebag the bill for 50% costs (on his part)!
Old Jan 16th 2018, 1:50 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried scattering an assortment of nails and glass on your front lawn?
Old Jan 16th 2018, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Might have to.

Another bloody car tonight. After last nights shenanigans can’t go round now.

If someone is ill they better hurry up and depart so I can get my lawn back.

Edit: the car moved and is now parked on road so maybe they told them to move. But there is one guy who did it first time who won’t move next time I bet and he is the scariest looking guy. Will play long game. Send a sympathy card to keep peace. Even though I’ve done nothing wrong to begin with. These people think their cars are their life so too precious to park on the road.

Last edited by DennisBergkamp; Jan 16th 2018 at 5:42 am.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 6:02 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Put some white painted concrete blocks on the boundary of your grass. They can always be removed later if they become un-needed. Good plan with the card.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
Put some white painted concrete blocks on the boundary of your grass. They can always be removed later if they become un-needed. Good plan with the card.

Good idea with the blocks; lots of people put them or some large rocks on the berms/verges for the same reason.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Well we recently managed to get the Auckland transport out in time to catch the culprit parked across our drive.

Fine was issued $40 and we were all awaiting the tow truck.

With 5 minutes to go she turned up

Nurse doing home visit to lady who had stroke/heart attack on Xmas Day.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Put your car there... Problem solved
Old Jan 21st 2018, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

If they drive Fords put an old commodore

If they drive Holden put an old Ford Laser

If they drive both Holden and Ford put any Japanese
Old Jan 21st 2018, 7:16 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Put your car there... Problem solved
not really as he doesn't want anyone parking on his lawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.