Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

SOLICITORS FEES!!!!

SOLICITORS FEES!!!!

Old Mar 1st 2010, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation SOLICITORS FEES!!!!

Got an invoice from my solicitor today for signing about 10 sheets of paper I nearly fell over he has charged us £287.50 So phoned my Accountant who has signed all the rest but wasn't available the day I needed the last few sheets done and asked him what he has charged me he said NOTHING! I'm disgusted with my solicitor to say the least

Angela
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:01 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SOLICITORS FEES!!!!

Ours charged £5 for swearing an affadavit and £1/page for certifying copies.... you don't have a lawyer, you have a true shark!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Yip the greediest one in it
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

It,s normally a fiver a page i think, but our solicitor said that would be way to expensive and charged us 30 quid the lot, u been shafted I,d tell em to f**k off your leaving the country after all

Neil
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim View Post
Got an invoice from my solicitor today for signing about 10 sheets of paper I nearly fell over he has charged us £287.50 So phoned my Accountant who has signed all the rest but wasn't available the day I needed the last few sheets done and asked him what he has charged me he said NOTHING! I'm disgusted with my solicitor to say the least

Angela
Complain the the Bar Council about his overcharge. I am currently doing the same thing with a podiatrist. Failing that pay what YOU think is reasonable. But I would not pay it as it is and point out in a letter as to why you are refusing. By the way did you not enquire of their charges before they put very expensive pen to paper? As someone said you are doing the off. Normally I would pay all bills..but not rip offs. They don't get paid.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have to him to f**k off recently over the charges for selling the business (non sale) I was to angry to to phone him today but even phoning him costs an arm and a leg

I didn't cause I didn't think it would be anything like that ( I know I'm a silly mare)

How do I contact the Bar Council ?

Angela
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 12:30 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

That's exorbitant, was he just certifying copies or doing something more than that. I was charged £2 per certified copy-degree cert, registration cert. I had to pay £30 for 15mins for a notary public to sign one document [a normal solicitor would not do for that one] That was just to sign copies and sign and check a occupational registration form. So £287.50 sounds a hell of a lot, any chance of phoning his receptionist [when you calm down] and get her to detail why you've been charged so much? Surely you won't be charged for that call Then complain!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim View Post
I have to him to f**k off recently over the charges for selling the business (non sale) I was to angry to to phone him today but even phoning him costs an arm and a leg

I didn't cause I didn't think it would be anything like that ( I know I'm a silly mare)

How do I contact the Bar Council ?

Angela
Just Google the bar council UK. Sweet as.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

mt_123 is an unknown quantity at this point

You should make a formal complaint in writing to the firm and if it's not resolved complain to the Law Society of Scotland (if he's a Scottish solicitor).
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

He's a partner so don't think making a complaint to the company would make any difference but maybe contacting the law society would