Sold at last

Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Loxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really nice
Default Sold at last

We have just accepted an offer on the house (at last) We have had a couple of offers before but nothng came of them, this one is from the estate agent (just a one man band) who want it as their family home.
So now we can at last put in the EOI. Whats the time scale involved now that there have been changes with the points system. I do have a job offer and make above the 140 required points. Have the changes made the process any faster?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sold at last

Originally Posted by Loxley
We have just accepted an offer on the house (at last) We have had a couple of offers before but nothng came of them, this one is from the estate agent (just a one man band) who want it as their family home.
So now we can at last put in the EOI. Whats the time scale involved now that there have been changes with the points system. I do have a job offer and make above the 140 required points. Have the changes made the process any faster?

There will be no new EOI's selected until February. Look at the NZIS website. Since you have more than 140 points and a job offer I expect that you should be finished by mid February.

Michael
Old Jan 10th 2006, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to put a damper on things, just don't expect 100% on everything going to plan. We accepted our first offer, shippers in on 28th Nov, everything all packed up and in storage. However at the last minute, there was a hiccup, resulting in a waiting game between solicitors and estate agents. We are living with family and out of suitcases and still waiting. :scared:
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Loxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really niceLoxley is just really nice

We've had our share of problems, been on the market for about 11 months, offers come and go. The couple that want this time are new to the area (within a year) they have set up a buisiness and all looks ok.
So what do you know about the time scale involved for the paperwork?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

We've had our share of problems, been on the market for about 11 months, offers come and go. The couple that want this time are new to the area (within a year) they have set up a buisiness and all looks ok.
So what do you know about the time scale involved for the paperwork?
If everyone does their job efficiently, completion could be sorted within 6 -8 weeks.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 1:43 am
livewire

Which shipping company are you hoping to use Loxley and what size container will you be looking at? over 140 points and you're a plumber, that's doing very well for someone your age

Last edited by livewire; Jan 15th 2006 at 1:45 am.

Old Jan 15th 2006, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by livewire
Which shipping company are you hoping to use Loxley and what size container will you be looking at? over 140 points and you're a plumber, that's doing very well for someone your age
At the moment were looking at Anglo Pacific, not too worried about the cheapest I'd rather get what I pay for, they seemed to be the most professional when the did the survey. Unless of course someone knowes different? Lets hope I've worked out the points correctely.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 7:11 am
livewire

Must be a relief to have sold your house at last. When is the next pool selection going to be made?

Old Jan 15th 2006, 10:23 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

At the moment were looking at Anglo Pacific, not too worried about the cheapest I'd rather get what I pay for, they seemed to be the most professional when the did the survey. Unless of course someone knowes different? Lets hope I've worked out the points correctely.
I think you should check under previous comments re Anglo Pacific or ***** ******** as they are more commonly known.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottish
I think you should check under previous comments re Anglo Pacific or ***** ******** as they are more commonly known.
Had a look on the N Z forum and couldnt find anything, should I be looking elsewere.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 5:32 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a look on the N Z forum and couldnt find anything, should I be looking elsewere.

Heres a wee sample

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=anglo+pacific

Also on another site a guy had his whole container ruined plus his car.

Stick with Crown, Robinsons or White and Co, never heard any probs.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 9:13 pm
livewire

This story is famous and has been out there for a while now, it has been quoted and paraphrased on very many websites Loxley, one of which is very good at just leaching information from other sources. You may have heard about this case and forgotten it perhaps?

I think AP only provide a service to certain areas of Britain? we asked them to come and give us a quote but they said we were out of their area.

When you get some quotes together post them on here and people will tell you if you're getting a good deal or not.

Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Bloody hell, thanks for that you guys.

The guy that came from A P certainly talked the talk and impressed me. Looks like some more phone calls today.