Sod's law

Old Aug 4th 2011, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sod's law

This morning I thought it would be nice to move to Ireland. I need a change and I am a bit sick of kiwis in general. Don't like them or their psyche much (I am sure there are some gooduns!!). So anyway being half irish I decided to have a look at property for sale in the Wexford area. By God, I knew it was cheap I had a look at xmas time, but its gotten even cheaper. Kate being in the nursing game is bound to be able to get a job in the next decade so I worked out how much we have even pricing our house at a huge, huge discout..and would you believe in almost 5 days the NZD has plummeted in value and we all know why because I am thinking of selling some!!!

Kate is open to the idea (her new job's a bastard) and the kids well I am sure there is a way of bribing them. Bloody hell, 2 cats and a dog to transport too if we go..how much will that be?? I wonder if we will actually go? I suppose lots rests on selling this place.

Wow, how things can change in a tiny empty little head.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sod's law

I have followed your posts since you joined the site. I used to love the way you always defended NZ, while surrounded by negativity. While I had bad times here, your posts would cheer me up with your ever positive words. It is such a shame that you feel the way you do now. Whatever you do, I wish you the very best.
Where has Mrs Nursey moved to now, I'm curious to know how it's working out for her..............I'm an RN & have had a few jobs here
Old Aug 5th 2011, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
I have followed your posts since you joined the site. I used to love the way you always defended NZ, while surrounded by negativity. While I had bad times here, your posts would cheer me up with your ever positive words. It is such a shame that you feel the way you do now. Whatever you do, I wish you the very best.
Where has Mrs Nursey moved to now, I'm curious to know how it's working out for her..............I'm an RN & have had a few jobs here
Kate moved from general nursing to palliative care where she was a kind of district nurse person caring for the dying at home. She is now the in patient charge nurse, very hard job and very poorly paid considering her HUGE responsibility. Thanks for your kind words by the way, I do still like NZ and see why people want to live here. I guess I just have itchy feet. Having said all that I will probably be here forever!!! At the end of the day its not going to be my choice, Kate will have the last word if we move or not. I dragged us all the way here and it's her turn to make a BIG decision.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 3:25 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Sod's law

Isn't there a freeze on hiring/increasing the pay of public sector workers in effect?

...The INMO believes most of the [nursing] graduates will have to emigrate because of the embargo on recruitment...
Link: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...281443629.html

I loved Ireland even after 11 years, the people where friendly and the country was just beautiful (pre-building boom though, not been back for 10 years now). They have a great community spirit, they are very friendly and funny .

In the interests of full disclosure however: It rains a lot...like for months without stopping, public services can be (though are not always) bloody awful and the Irish love a cheeky money saving scheme (like falsifying accounts to pay less tax, not paying any car tax or just driving around in a tractor without road tax and on the old red diesel ). Actually they have a slight contempt for all authority which I rather liked .
Old Aug 5th 2011, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Isn't there a freeze on hiring/increasing the pay of public sector workers in effect?

Link: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...281443629.html

I loved Ireland even after 11 years, the people where friendly and the country was just beautiful (pre-building boom though, not been back for 10 years now). They have a great community spirit, they are very friendly and funny .

In the interests of full disclosure however: It rains a lot...like for months without stopping, public services can be (though are not always) bloody awful and the Irish love a cheeky money saving scheme (like falsifying accounts to pay less tax, not paying any car tax or just driving around in a tractor without road tax and on the old red diesel ). Actually they have a slight contempt for all authority which I rather liked .
Nah, there are lots of nursing jobs going. With regards to the rain have chosen Wexford area cos it gets the least bad weather. I don't mind the rain anyways. I think Eire is a beautiful place and like NZ under populated. I am sure if Kate goes with the idea and we can sell our house here we could make a go of it. In truth much of it is about being closer to Kate's family and I really do miss one or two good friends in the UK. I feel let down by certain factions of our NZ social circle and strangely they are the kiwi ones. I personally would rather not spend the rest of my life in a country that is predominantly full of kiwis. In the over 6 years I have been here I have finally come to that conclusion. Sad but true. They appear and behave in such a distant and cold manner. The friendliness they are famed for is as deep as skin. It has finally dawned on me that I don't really like them or is it the other way round?
Old Aug 5th 2011, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Genesis
I'm relieved in a way....liking it so much after they swindled you..wasn't how I would have reacted for sure .
I visited Eire for the first time last year on my UK trip (well started off with friends in Northern Ireland lol). I have to agree a lovely place if you can get the work and if you don't mind 3 types of weather in the one day.

It would have a few of NZ's isolation issues in that you need a ferry to escape by car but this stuff is all relative.

I'd re-home the cats and dogs....much cheaper lol. (A bit Charismatic of me to say that).

Hope it works out.

I've been here 4 years plus and all my best friends are expats one way or another even if they do have Kiwi passports lol!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Funny that, I've been thinking about france....Hmmm !!!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Justcol
Funny that, I've been thinking about france....Hmmm !!!
That was our 1st choice before NZ but due to the lingo it was not a goer arvo careful consideration. I am half french and alas my french is pretty crap but Kate would have needed commercially viable french to become a nurse and that was not the case. No regrets really as I doubt it would have worked out for many a reason.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Whilst I love your posts, Genesis, I am not convinced that your temperament is suited to a first-hand experience of the imminent unravelling of the Eurozone and all which will accompany that...
Old Aug 5th 2011, 8:49 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Sod's law

I hope they get on with going bankrupt and just give it all to Germany to run, they are just delaying the inevitable .
Old Aug 5th 2011, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

You can just imagine the policymakers (especially Ben Bernanke) cooking up another big, steaming pot of FUDGE to tide the markets over

Mmmmmm.... FUDGE.... we know it's bad for us, that eventually it will kill us, but my oh my... these days we just can't survive without that creamy sweet taste of FUDGE...