Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Sod it, I'm coming over!

Sod it, I'm coming over!

Old Sep 20th 2013, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

ben604 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sod it, I'm coming over!

I'm 30, got a Working Holiday Visa in my pocket, a job offer, a plane ticket (business class on Emirates, yeah, I'm treating myself for once!) and I'm very excited.

Land on Christmas Eve, Christmas with my Dad, Stepmum and sisters for the first time in 15 years! Chance of a bloody lifetime.

Just need to find myself a nice flatshare in Parnell or Ponsonby from February onwards and I'll be set.

HELLO NEW ZEALAND
Old Sep 20th 2013, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sod it, I'm coming over!

good luck to ya mate
Old Sep 20th 2013, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold

Look at Trade me for accommodation
Old Sep 20th 2013, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

jodaid is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like the countdown is underway! Good luck
Old Sep 20th 2013, 11:41 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ben604
I'm 30, got a Working Holiday Visa in my pocket, a job offer, a plane ticket (business class on Emirates, yeah, I'm treating myself for once!) and I'm very excited.

Land on Christmas Eve, Christmas with my Dad, Stepmum and sisters for the first time in 15 years! Chance of a bloody lifetime.

Just need to find myself a nice flatshare in Parnell or Ponsonby from February onwards and I'll be set.

HELLO NEW ZEALAND
Hello and welcome to BE!!!

Sounds like you are embarking on a great adventure!
Old Sep 21st 2013, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

tiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud of

Sounds like you're riding high on life and rightly so! Your positivity is a real breath of fresh air in this forum. Have a great time!
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger mama
Your positivity is a real breath of fresh air in this forum. Have a great time!
+1
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

ben604 is an unknown quantity at this point

You know what, I started reading this forum for a bit of inspiration when I was at the 90%-sure-stage and the amount of negativity was a bit gutting. Then I thought, "hang on, I've been 3 times for a decent amount of time and I bloody love the place. The people who love it are just out there living, enjoying life, they don't want or need to celebrate on here"

So, as I said, Sod it.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

The people who love it are just out there living, enjoying life, they don't want or need to celebrate on here
Agree completely!
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 5:50 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

some of us stick around because the help with received when trying to get over from the guys on here was worth its weight in gold and are just trying to give back and advise others the way we others did for us.

It won't be all sweetness and light, life isn't like that and to think otherwise is foolhardy and unfair to those looking for real experiences.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 11:10 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

You know what, I started reading this forum for a bit of inspiration when I was at the 90%-sure-stage and the amount of negativity was a bit gutting. Then I thought, "hang on, I've been 3 times for a decent amount of time and I bloody love the place. The people who love it are just out there living, enjoying life, they don't want or need to celebrate on here"

So, as I said, Sod it.
Is the right answer
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 9:03 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The people who love it are just out there living, enjoying life, they don't want or need to celebrate on here
However, you were excited enough about coming out to your family in NZ that you wished to celebrate that with BE which was and is kind.

I can see the above statement of yours as being your opinion but really, you can't speak for 'everyone' using BE.

FWIW. My husband and I enjoy our lives here in NZ. I'd say we were out there living an NZ life . However, I do come on here too. I like to touch base with other expats around the world & I like to help where I can, if I can.

Anyway ben604. You're going to have the time of your life & this coming Christmas will be special for you.