Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Social Work question

Social Work question

Old Feb 8th 2013, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold
Default Social Work question

Hi All

Can any Social Workers working in New Zealand give me any contact details for Employment Agencies so i can get registered before Me and my family move there in May.
We intend to move to North Shore area and i would like to ring and speak to someone at one of the Employment Agencies. I have tried Google but cant seem to get any phone numbers that work.
Thank you
Old Feb 11th 2013, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Social Work question

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
Hi All

Can any Social Workers working in New Zealand give me any contact details for Employment Agencies so i can get registered before Me and my family move there in May.
We intend to move to North Shore area and i would like to ring and speak to someone at one of the Employment Agencies. I have tried Google but cant seem to get any phone numbers that work.
Thank you
Hiya, unfortunately there isnt hardly any agencies that deal with SW, have a look at CYF (child youth and family) web sites for vacancies or the local hospitals. http://www.nzswrecruit.co.nz/ is the only one but im not sure if its still up and running.

registration is through http://www.swrb.govt.nz/

good luck with your search
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Social Work question

Hi

depends on what area you want to work in. If you have registration in UK and other factors. Jobs in the DistricT health Boards are under Allied Health and most require NZ Registration.

There used to be a NZ based social work agencybut I was told it was taken over by a Australian company, so I am not sure

Have a look on websites like Seek NZ , Zest4life , all areas DHB websites and trademe , Child Youth and Family sites and Ministry of Social Development.

Good luck -