Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Soccer World Cup New Zealand Times and Coverage in NZ?

Soccer World Cup New Zealand Times and Coverage in NZ?

Old May 14th 2014, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all
Default Soccer World Cup New Zealand Times and Coverage in NZ?

Does anyone know of a link to either? Unfortunately my partner organises things weeks in advance so a schedule with local times would be really handy (I'm already in her bad books regarding England's first game) when they play Italy on Sat 14th at 18:00 local time in Manaus, which if my maths are correct, means we should be able to view it here at 10 a.m. on Sunday 15th?
That took me about 20 minutes to work out, what with the differing time zones in various parts of Brazil etc; (and I'm still not 100% certain but I've cancelled our trip to visit friends on that date just to be on the safe side).

Also is SKY or Somnet covering all (or any) of the games?
Old May 15th 2014, 12:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soccer World Cup New Zealand Times and Coverage in NZ?

It's FOOTBALL!
Old May 15th 2014, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all

Answered my own post in another thread:

Best I can find is this BBC site where you just add 11 hours.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/world-cup/fixtures

10 a.m. Sunday the 15th should see a few sports bars (and Italian restaurants) full to bursting (in Auckland anyway).

Also apparently NZ SKY are showing all games live plus there are 11 on free to air I believe.
Old May 17th 2014, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlackCrossInResidence
Answered my own post in another thread:

Best I can find is this BBC site where you just add 11 hours.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/world-cup/fixtures

10 a.m. Sunday the 15th should see a few sports bars (and Italian restaurants) full to bursting (in Auckland anyway).

Also apparently NZ SKY are showing all games live plus there are 11 on free to air I believe.
Yeah, I thought Sky had the rights to the football world cup, it was on one of the local free channels last time.

11 free to air? whose showing these & what matches?
Old May 19th 2014, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Free to air number has been updated from 11 to 22.

As broadcast partners with Sky TV, TVNZ has the rights to screen 22 live games, including the following:

- Opening ceremony at Arena de São Paulo, along with the first Group stage match: Brazil vs. Croatia
- Nine other group matches – including all of England’s games
- Four of 16 Round 2 matches
- All Quarter Finals
- Both Semi Finals, plus the 3rd/4th play-off
- World Cup Final, on 14 July

All games on TV ONE will also be screening live on tvnz.co.nz, and afterwards will be available to view OnDemand.

TV ONE will have a daily Round Up show of all the action which will air on weekdays from 4.30 to 5.30pm, and on the weekends from 5.00pm until 6.00pm. This will cover all games in the tournament.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU140...-to-tv-one.htm
Old May 21st 2014, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlackCrossInResidence
Free to air number has been updated from 11 to 22.

As broadcast partners with Sky TV, TVNZ has the rights to screen 22 live games, including the following:

- Opening ceremony at Arena de São Paulo, along with the first Group stage match: Brazil vs. Croatia
- Nine other group matches – including all of England’s games
- Four of 16 Round 2 matches
- All Quarter Finals
- Both Semi Finals, plus the 3rd/4th play-off
- World Cup Final, on 14 July

All games on TV ONE will also be screening live on tvnz.co.nz, and afterwards will be available to view OnDemand.

TV ONE will have a daily Round Up show of all the action which will air on weekdays from 4.30 to 5.30pm, and on the weekends from 5.00pm until 6.00pm. This will cover all games in the tournament.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU140...-to-tv-one.htm
Super, thanks for that link, let's hope that's a minimum of 6 England matches then & a 7th if we're one of the second round ones too
Old May 25th 2014, 10:05 am
Just Joined

SarahQ-M is an unknown quantity at this point

Any suggestions for a good sports bar in Auckland to catch a game or two? I feel I may be due a break from study by that point...