Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

so who's living in Sumner????

so who's living in Sumner????

Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

stacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to all
Default so who's living in Sumner????

Quite a few people (kiwi's) have told me Sumner is now called Pom Land due to the amount of British living here. Is there anybody here living in sumner??
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:55 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: so who's living in Sumner????

Originally Posted by stacey19
Quite a few people (kiwi's) have told me Sumner is now called Pom Land due to the amount of British living here. Is there anybody here living in sumner??
I'm amazed you've not had 800 folks reply! I've met about 20 brits so far, all but 6 of them live in Sumner! Maybe they don't like to admit to it

I live in Central ChCh. I know this doesn't help, but we are moving into our new flat tomorrow and I just wanted to share that with someone, and that lucky person is you

The other Pom land is Rolleston, about 20kms West of ChCh town centre. LOADS of pommies there - and we'll be joining them once we get our house built out there. We have just bought 2050 square metres of land for much cheapness. That was NEVER gonna happen in the UK, and the move here is worth it for that alone! Us? Happy? You betcha
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

We are moving to Papakowhai (welly area) but are moving into a motel for a couple of weeks prior to our move. When we told the manager this, while booking in, he called Papakowhai "little England" because there's loads of us Brits here - we've only been less than 2 weeks and we've already met 4 British families in the area so he may have a point!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 4:43 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Here on my humble St Albans street there are Dutch, Korean, Chinese, Irish, Scot, Thai (my missus) and of course Kiwi. We have a mix of pensioners, young families, yuppies and the odd scummy boy racer.

St Albans is cool.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:44 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Ah St Albans. We have just bought our house there and move in three weeks tomorrow. Maybe I will spot you ????
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:51 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

No we live in Rangiora ... another Pomsville
Old Feb 21st 2007, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

MandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really nice

Yep, Rolleston is definitely Pom land. We've lived here for 15 months now (only just started using this forum though).

Love living in Rolly, getting bigger by the day and definitely value for money compared to most other places around Christchurch. Only wish we'd bought as soon we landed (when we still had some money), but we didn't know if Rolleston was the place for us, as it turned out, it is

Just read another thread about an Expat Barby just happend, didn't know they went on, will have to keep an eye out for that one.