British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   So who else is in the EOI pool at the moment? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/so-who-else-eoi-pool-moment-434371/)

Maz Mar 13th 2007 3:54 pm

So who else is in the EOI pool at the moment?

And how many points have you got?

We submitted our EOI 2 days after the draw at the end of Feb (d'oh! :lol: ) so are nervous about tomorrow. We submitted with 125 points.

Suicide Sheep Mar 13th 2007 4:15 pm

Re: So who else is in the EOI pool at the moment?

We submitted the day after you, As I was filling the form in and it came up with the figure 140 points.:unsure: I think it should be 125 points but I couldn't see where the extra points came from.
Oh well I'm sure if it's wrong they will let me know:p

Maz Mar 13th 2007 4:35 pm

Do you have a job offer? I don't. I rather wish hubby was in IT like me, then we'd be in like Flint. ;)

Suicide Sheep Mar 13th 2007 5:06 pm

OH has a job offer, but not on that counts for points.
I am in the process of negotiating a job, but again not sure if it will gain me anything.
My problem is that I am qualified enough to be an Electrician in NZ (once I'm registered), but that isn't exactly what I do.:sneaky: At present I am a service engineer on industrial machinery so I'm an electrician/plumber/mechanic, lots of experience but not enough qualifications.
I also have an HNC in IT, but for NZIS it has to be a degree.:frown:
Just have to wait until tonight and see.:unsure:
I love smilies.:thumbup:

andy&georgina Mar 13th 2007 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4513768)

We submitted our EOI 2 days after the draw at the end of Feb (d'oh! :lol: ) so are nervous about tomorrow. We submitted with 125 points.

As you know hun we are in @ 115 or was it 110 - honestly have forgotten now!!! :eek: :rofl:

Anyway no chance of being pulled until we get a job offer :sneaky: :mad: :unsure:

Leighlou Mar 13th 2007 10:29 pm

Hi there, We've been in the pool since the beginning of Dec with 115 points and at last were selected on the 28th February. We were getting anxious and had a chat with the Immigration Service at an Exbo here in Edinburgh and they told us not to worry as about now they start being put under pressure to meet targets and do start selecting people further down the pool (like us!:eek: ) and low and behold we have now been selected.
Hold on in there, it wont be long with 125 points I am sure!:thumbup:

andy&georgina Mar 13th 2007 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Leighlou (Post 4515500)
Hi there, We've been in the pool since the beginning of Dec with 115 points and at last were selected on the 28th February. We were getting anxious and had a chat with the Immigration Service at an Exbo here in Edinburgh and they told us not to worry as about now they start being put under pressure to meet targets and do start selecting people further down the pool (like us!:eek: ) and low and behold we have now been selected.
Hold on in there, it wont be long with 125 points I am sure!:thumbup:

Have you a job offer? Or is your skills on the shortlist?

Leighlou Mar 13th 2007 10:35 pm

No job offer, just the points based on skills in a future growth area. We are currently tentively looking for jobs but are in two minds with this as think it would be less stressful to arrive without having to immediately jump straight into a job (but obviously also be without an income!).

Spacecake799 Mar 13th 2007 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by andy&georgina (Post 4515408)
As you know hun we are in @ 115 or was it 110 - honestly have forgotten now!!! :eek: :rofl:

Anyway no chance of being pulled until we get a job offer :sneaky: :mad: :unsure:

Hi,
We got selected last year from the pool with no job offer. Every now and then they do a special selection when they select people like us. Don't give up.
Carole:D

SirEglamore Mar 14th 2007 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4513768)

Wellllllll.......................... how did you get on???

simonmarkellis Mar 14th 2007 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Suicide Sheep (Post 4514010)
OH has a job offer, but not on that counts for points.
I am in the process of negotiating a job, but again not sure if it will gain me anything.
My problem is that I am qualified enough to be an Electrician in NZ (once I'm registered), but that isn't exactly what I do.:sneaky: At present I am a service engineer on industrial machinery so I'm an electrician/plumber/mechanic, lots of experience but not enough qualifications.
I also have an HNC in IT, but for NZIS it has to be a degree.:frown:
Just have to wait until tonight and see.:unsure:
I love smilies.:thumbup:

If you have a HNC in Computing by an acredited University from their list then it should be worth 50 points. I had my HNC in Computing from University of Greenwich and the NZQA assessed it as level 6 (50 points) for immigration purposes. Obviously it's 50 points as were are applying in my name. Might be worth getting a pre assessment report on it from NZQA. It cost $75 dollars. They say it should take 10 days, but be prepared for longer than that.

JaneAS Mar 14th 2007 10:08 am

We are in the Pool with 125 points, and no job offer, but IT skills & experience in the long term shortage category thingy.

It's too soon for us to try and get a job secured, as there is no way we would be ready to move in time! I'm hoping that we get selected - and can start the paperwork - then when we are more ready, try and speed it up with a job offer.

Here goes....

JaneAS

P2L Mar 14th 2007 10:15 am

Originally Posted by SirEglamore (Post 4516664)
Wellllllll.......................... how did you get on???

Thought the draw was tonight???? or Last night?????

Ok I'll shut up now :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

SirEglamore Mar 14th 2007 11:11 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 4517035)
Thought the draw was tonight???? or Last night?????

Ok I'll shut up now :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

should be available by now:huh:

karonious Mar 14th 2007 11:12 am

Originally Posted by SirEglamore (Post 4517212)
should be available by now:huh:

OY!
You have far more to attend to than this! :)