British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   So very tired... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/so-very-tired-498932/)

Platty Dec 10th 2007 6:57 am

So very tired...

Mr Platty has his interview tonight and I think I am more nervous than he is. Every time I think about moving to NZ I get a huge stab of fear/excitement (delete as applicable :D) in my stomach, hence I hardly slept last night :zzz:

What didn't help was my dear husband showing me the whole relocation and job package before bed last night and I realised we would be fools to pass this opportunity up so huge good luck vibes are needed tonight :thumbsup: and a big thanks to all the advice and info you guys have provided.

karonious Dec 10th 2007 7:22 am

Re: So very tired...

Originally Posted by Platty (Post 5651920)
Mr Platty has his interview tonight and I think I am more nervous than he is. Every time I think about moving to NZ I get a huge stab of fear/excitement (delete as applicable :D) in my stomach, hence I hardly slept last night :zzz:

What didn't help was my dear husband showing me the whole relocation and job package before bed last night and I realised we would be fools to pass this opportunity up so huge good luck vibes are needed tonight :thumbsup: and a big thanks to all the advice and info you guys have provided.

Karma to help you with your nerves and for Mr Platty's interview :thumbsup:
I still don't doubt coming to New Zealand was the best move I ever made. Even in spite of the last 2 months, I don't regret it.
Karen X

lardyl Dec 10th 2007 7:32 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 5651970)
Karma to help you with your nerves and for Mr Platty's interview :thumbsup:
I still don't doubt coming to New Zealand was the best move I ever made. Even in spite of the last 2 months, I don't regret it.
Karen X

good on ya Karen, we're still in that boat too - although I don't always post along those lines and there are many aspects of life here that truly drive me MAD >>>>>>>> :confused:

karonious Dec 10th 2007 7:56 am

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 5651995)
good on ya Karen, we're still in that boat too - although I don't always post along those lines and there are many aspects of life here that truly drive me MAD >>>>>>>> :confused:

First day at work today...except it was 'cultural orientation', so not really 'work' at all. That means I till have to get 'first day nerves' again tomorrow night. Still fretting about appointment with Occ Health consultant about dodgy pre-work X-ray :(
Still don't regret it!!! :cool:

Maz Dec 10th 2007 8:06 am

Karma for Mr Platty's interview!!!

Karen, I was thinking about you today. :) Let's natter soon.

karonious Dec 10th 2007 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5652061)
Karma for Mr Platty's interview!!!

Karen, I was thinking about you today. :) Let's natter soon.

Thanks Maz, nice to know people care :cool:
And yes, let's :cool:

Platty Dec 10th 2007 10:31 am

Thanks for the Karma guys :thumbsup:

CiscoKid Dec 10th 2007 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Platty (Post 5651920)

He will be fine, I had my two phone interviews with the hiring managers at Alcatel a month ago. offer came a week later. :D

Platty Dec 10th 2007 12:59 pm

Yeah? When do you start and what are you going to be doing for Alcatel?

CiscoKid Dec 10th 2007 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Platty (Post 5652701)
Yeah? When do you start and what are you going to be doing for Alcatel?

I will be woking on the Alcatel ISAM IPTV solution for TVNZ & Telecom NZ, out of Hamilton, If we get to go over. We have 3 kids, our eldest has Autism, he is high functioning, so he can do everything everybody else does but he lacks social skills. we are trying to get PR before we go not just the WV that we were offered.

Platty Dec 10th 2007 1:11 pm

I'm not exactly sure what Mr Platty will be doing if he gets the job, I will try and get him on here to tell you himself hehe.

Ignition Dec 10th 2007 1:59 pm

You called dear?

I would be an IP Network Solutions Designer should I be accepted for the position.

There will be some other selection to do once this 3rd interview is out of the way, but I'm looking forward to it. All we can do is what we can do!

Thank you all for your kind words of advice and support, I am sure you will know how the interview went almost before I do :D

CiscoKid Dec 10th 2007 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ignition (Post 5652783)
You called dear?

I would be an IP Network Solutions Designer should I be accepted for the position.

There will be some other selection to do once this 3rd interview is out of the way, but I'm looking forward to it. All we can do is what we can do!

Thank you all for your kind words of advice and support, I am sure you will know how the interview went almost before I do :D

When I went to the NZ expo, Alcatel was offering about 100 jobs country wide. I think I was chosen because I have worked for them before in Switzerland. I am Cisco trained though. I would like to hear your views about the whole thing, We are finding it a bit daunting to say the least. :)

Maz Dec 10th 2007 4:55 pm

How'd it go? How'd it go? How'd it go? Huh? Huh? Huh? :D :D :D

Platty Dec 10th 2007 5:02 pm

hehe tis not till 8pm UK time :) It's still monday here.