British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   So it us now official (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/so-us-now-official-906573/)

MrsFychan Dec 6th 2017 8:43 am

So it us now official

I am a dual Citizen

Justcol Dec 6th 2017 9:33 am

Re: So it us now official

you cannot be a moderator if you have dual citizenship...or is that just on the Australian forum ??

MrsFychan Dec 6th 2017 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 12394753)
you cannot be a moderator if you have dual citizenship...or is that just on the Australian forum ??

:blink:

simonsi Dec 6th 2017 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 12394753)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::goodpost:

Stuck in Auckland Dec 6th 2017 6:48 pm

Does BE have a high court to sort this out?

KOH2 Dec 6th 2017 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12394728)
I am a dual Citizen

Congratulations:starsmile:

You can now ping pong with ease :p

janiejones Dec 8th 2017 7:32 am

Yay! You're a great help to lots of people on this board, so I'm really happy for you. Hope you celebrated in style!

MrsFychan Dec 8th 2017 7:36 am

Originally Posted by janiejones (Post 12395879)
Yay! Hope you celebrated in style!

fush n chups on beach with a small camp fire

TommyLuck Jan 4th 2018 6:46 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12394728)
I am a dual Citizen

Awesome! Congrats!

I’m about to kick off this process. Literally today I booked my appointment to see a case officer on 5 March, after they provisionally indicated that I’m eligible to apply from 3 March.

Just out of interest, how long did the process take for you once you submitted the application, and have you actually done the ceremony yet?

uk_grenada Jan 4th 2018 7:47 am

Shhh dont tell the muricans...

MrsFychan Jan 4th 2018 8:43 am

Originally Posted by TommyLuck (Post 12410644)
Awesome! Congrats!

I’m about to kick off this process. Literally today I booked my appointment to see a case officer on 5 March, after they provisionally indicated that I’m eligible to apply from 3 March.

Just out of interest, how long did the process take for you once you submitted the application, and have you actually done the ceremony yet?

we never saw a case officer, just had to fill in the forms, send photos off and of course pay our coin. we missed out on one ceremony, but they did another at the beginning of December. How long you waits depends on how many ceremonies your council does and how many others have applied.
Yes ceremony done and dusted. 2 hours I won't get back but hey fish n chips on beach was fun

TommyLuck Jan 4th 2018 10:46 pm

Yeah, I get that timings depend on a number of factors.

A mate of mine got his application in, in October was been granted citizenship in November but is still waiting for a ceremony date.

A colleague of his who applied in September was granted citizenship in October and had his ceremony within four weeks of that.

A two hour ceremony does sound a bit heavy.

Did you sing the Maori piece of the anthem of by heart? 😀

garethwm Jan 5th 2018 8:42 am

Good on you MrsF and all the best TommyLuck.