Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

So...Christchurch here I come

So...Christchurch here I come

Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default So...Christchurch here I come

May 26th is when I start my Diploma in Air Traffic Control and now I have to look at the logistics of my move South.

Ill be studying at the airways training centre in Burnside so I'm looking for somewhere to hang my hat for upto 6 months in that area. From looking at the map I guess that the areas of Harewood,Hyde Park,Avonhead,Ilam,Bishopdale,Bryndwr and Papanui would be the best places to start with.

I am looking at Trademe Flatmates and also a couple of other flatmate websites. If you know of anyone who might be looking for a flatmate and wont be charging the earth - please let me know.

I'm going down to Christchurch with a car as Ill have more stuff than I can carry plus I guess riding my mountain bike to Burnside everyday isnt an attractive propostion with winter coming (Been there done that when I rode to and from Dublin airport a few years back - even if the Mrs did say I had a lovely derriere as a result of 10kms a days peddling !!)

If anyone knows of any ferry deals on the weekend of May 23-24 - I am searching on the net but theres always someone out there who knows more..................

What else? Ah.............exercise. Does anyone here play indoor football in christchurch ?Let me know as Im up for it !!

Im sure Ill think of more closer to the time but this'll do for a start. All helpful comments and suggestions appreciated !
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So...Christchurch here I come

good luck with the course.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zaras dad
May 26th is when I start my Diploma in Air Traffic Control and now I have to look at the logistics of my move South.

Ill be studying at the airways training centre in Burnside so I'm looking for somewhere to hang my hat for upto 6 months in that area. From looking at the map I guess that the areas of Harewood,Hyde Park,Avonhead,Ilam,Bishopdale,Bryndwr and Papanui would be the best places to start with.

I am looking at Trademe Flatmates and also a couple of other flatmate websites. If you know of anyone who might be looking for a flatmate and wont be charging the earth - please let me know.

I'm going down to Christchurch with a car as Ill have more stuff than I can carry plus I guess riding my mountain bike to Burnside everyday isnt an attractive propostion with winter coming (Been there done that when I rode to and from Dublin airport a few years back - even if the Mrs did say I had a lovely derriere as a result of 10kms a days peddling !!)

If anyone knows of any ferry deals on the weekend of May 23-24 - I am searching on the net but theres always someone out there who knows more..................

What else? Ah.............exercise. Does anyone here play indoor football in christchurch ?Let me know as Im up for it !!

Im sure Ill think of more closer to the time but this'll do for a start. All helpful comments and suggestions appreciated !
Indoor / outdoor footie sounds good to me ........ not that i play just now but would be interested if there was something on th cards
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Indoor / outdoor footie sounds good to me ........ not that i play just now but would be interested if there was something on th cards
I can't kick a ball in a straight line.. but i have a footie shirt if you need another left foot!

I ride my bike to work everyday and it's not that cold, and it is very flat. I've also noticed that depending on the time of day quicker than the car.

Welcome to the south! (i also do visiting the pub and new faces are always welcome!)