Snowboard season.

Old Mar 24th 2013, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

hodgey87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Snowboard season.

Hey all,

I'm looking at moving over to New Zealand for a snowboard season around May / June time. I've recently come back from Canada and need to get some more travelling under my belt

I haven't really been able to find much info on the snowboarding forums so giving this a go. I've seen queenstown is the place to be, I've paid for my working visa today so hopefully that'll come through soon!

Can anyone shed and light on best places for accommodation? Possibly work as well, ideally IT if I could find any if not any sort of work would be fine.

Cheers
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Snowboard season.

curveball as i have some experience of the North island skiing....

Check out jobs with Whakapapa ski area on Mt Ruapehu which is the largest in NZ...

http://www.mtruapehu.com/winter/employment/

I worked there season before last and had a great time.

Accommodation wise there was a staff accommodation block in Whakapapa village but most people stayed in National Park Village, some in private lets but most at a place called The Park which did season rates for workers...

http://www.the-park.co.nz/

The ski area has staff buses to get workers up to the mountain and back running all day. You can use these on your days off too.

It's not going to be as mental as Queenstown in terms of nightlife as its a s,all village but then also won't be as expensive. Still a few places to go though, bars, restaurants and there are plenty of activities put on for the seasonal staff by the ski area too too.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Awesome thank you i'll check that out!
Old Mar 25th 2013, 8:42 am
Just Joined

snowbunni is an unknown quantity at this point

Plenty of IT work in christchurch, and easy enough to access all of the canterbury hills.

Commarc do a lot of the IT work on the big ski fields so worth contacting them.

have a look at www.chillout.co.nz and www.snow.co.nz for lots of info.

If you are looking for seasonal accommodation in Queenstown, its best to get on to it really early, it goes quickly. www.scene.co.nz and www.lwb.co.nz are the best places to look.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snowbunni View Post
Plenty of IT work in christchurch, and easy enough to access all of the canterbury hills.

Commarc do a lot of the IT work on the big ski fields so worth contacting them.

have a look at www.chillout.co.nz and www.snow.co.nz for lots of info.

If you are looking for seasonal accommodation in Queenstown, its best to get on to it really early, it goes quickly. www.scene.co.nz and www.lwb.co.nz are the best places to look.

Very useful cheers emailed my CV over to Commarc!