Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

SNOW...... in November??!!!

SNOW...... in November??!!!

Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:33 pm

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SNOW...... in November??!!!

Got up this morning to see a light covering of snow as far as I could see - that's like snow in May in the UK!!
Attached Thumbnails SNOW...... in November??!!!-img_1670-cropped.jpg   SNOW...... in November??!!!-img_1674.jpg   SNOW...... in November??!!!-img_1677.jpg  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SNOW...... in November??!!!

Looks lovely!! I knew they were threatening a chilly blast this weekend for Guy Fawkes, but wasn't expecting anything quite that chilly.

We've just literally started with the weekend downpour.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:58 pm

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Sun came out for a bit so the snow in the garden has melted, but there's still some on the hills. Windy though
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Gorgeous photos WP. I love snow, not seen any for simply ages! I don't count the two wee flurries I saw in Gulf Harbour this last winter

I remember having snow in May in the UK a number of years back
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix

I remember having snow in May in the UK a number of years back
I remember my dad seeping snow from the suitcases on his roof-rack in June, 1975, the day we went on holiday!!
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:29 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
I remember my dad seeping snow from the suitcases on his roof-rack in June, 1975, the day we went on holiday!!
And that next year there were water shortages and vast swarms of ladybirds at the beach - scortchio

Nice piccies Woodpigeon BTW
Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
And that next year there were water shortages and vast swarms of ladybirds at the beach - scortchio

Nice piccies Woodpigeon BTW
I remember it being quite cool at the beginning of June 1975, don't remember us getting any snow in St.Helens though. I remember that it wasn't a bad summer that year as I spent the whole time in bed with pneumonia .

Summer 1976, that was most certainly a scorcher . I remember Stuart Hall telling us to save water by bathing together . Dad's windscreen covered in ladybirds & having to use his windscreen wipers to remove them. Hell of a mess they made.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I remember it being quite cool at the beginning of June 1975, don't remember us getting any snow in St.Helens though. I remember that it wasn't a bad summer that year as I spent the whole time in bed with pneumonia .

Summer 1976, that was most certainly a scorcher . I remember Stuart Hall telling us to save water by bathing together . Dad's windscreen covered in ladybirds & having to use his windscreen wipers to remove them. Hell of a mess they made.
Ahh, the good old days! I don't remember the snow but well remember the greenfly and ladybird plagues. It was our school sports day when we had the greenfly plague; very difficult to look and act like a serious contender in the 400m relay when you are running through a moving green mist, with a face full of greenflies.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Ahh, the good old days! I don't remember the snow but well remember the greenfly and ladybird plagues. It was our school sports day when we had the greenfly plague; very difficult to look and act like a serious contender in the 400m relay when you are running through a moving green mist, with a face full of greenflies.
oh I was on holiday in great yarmouth when the greenfly plague hit ....U just brought some great memories flooding back with that post :-)
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:03 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

All I remember of 1976 is it being very hot and being made to queue up for the teachers to give us half an inch of water to wash our hands in before school dinners. Embarrassingly I remember telling them that that was actually a waste of water as I never usually washed my hands before lunch so why do it when a drought was on I was such a tomboy
Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
All I remember of 1976 is it being very hot and being made to queue up for the teachers to give us half an inch of water to wash our hands in before school dinners. Embarrassingly I remember telling them that that was actually a waste of water as I never usually washed my hands before lunch so why do it when a drought was on I was such a tomboy