Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

smoking laws : good or bad?

View Poll Results: Smoking laws - good or bad?
good
90.91%
bad
9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

smoking laws : good or bad?

Old May 4th 2007, 9:43 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: smoking laws : good or bad?

Originally Posted by cherry
Hi Dee whats it like being in a cold and smelly astray for a night out and these tossers who smoke like it ,as for cigars ,well they were the first to be banned along with pipes on airline flights closely followed by fags.I personally love to see the addicts outside of work smoking especially when its raining and we have a southernly breeze,they should not have any form of shelter ,now a thought here is each time they go for a fag break I may just stop work and claim that they get more breaks than I do .Time to make it ILLEGAL fully in public and at work ,smoke in your own ashtray and call it home,I dont want your poison near me I have to breath your used crap.:curse: Nobody visitors or friends are allowed to smoke in my home or outside on my decking,rules, tough but rules.
smoke nazi!

I suppose you think you will live forever like all non smokers
Old May 4th 2007, 9:54 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlbieLittle
smoke nazi!

Least non smokers don't have that smokers hunch and the cats arse mouth
Old May 4th 2007, 9:56 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

smoke nazi!

No but I wont smell likean "ASHTRAY" and my clothes will stay cleaner.
Old May 4th 2007, 10:09 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
My mother has stopped smoking after 40 odd years and she says she has 'the cats arse mouth'
I love it!! .....don't kiss her often though!!
Old May 4th 2007, 10:32 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sky
* lights up a nice cigar and blows smoke in direction of thread *

As the late great Bill Hicks used to say :

1)
Obnoxious , self-righteous, whining little ****s. My biggest fear is that if I quit smoking, I'll become on of you...Don't take that wrong. I have something to tell you non-smokers that I know for a fact that you don't know, and I feel it's my duty to pass on information at all times. Ready?.......Non-smokers die every day...Enjoy your evening. See, I know that you entertain this eternal life fantasy because you've chosen not to smoke, but let me be the 1st to POP that bubble and bring you hurtling back to reality....You're dead too.

2)
It is hard to quit smoking. Every one of them looks real good to me right about now. Every cigarette looks like it was made by God, rolled by Jesus and moistened shut with Claudia Schiffer's pussy.

Old May 4th 2007, 10:41 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Non-smokers die every day...Enjoy your evening. See, I know that you entertain this eternal life fantasy because you've chosen not to smoke, but let me be the 1st to POP that bubble and bring you hurtling back to reality....You're dead too.

SHIT.....I'm going to DIE???
Right, pass that ciggie to me now!
(no, not the claudia one )
Old May 4th 2007, 10:50 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Non-smokers die every day...Enjoy your evening. See, I know that you entertain this eternal life fantasy because you've chosen not to smoke, but let me be the 1st to POP that bubble and bring you hurtling back to reality....You're dead too.

Bill Hicks??? Sounds like him.....
Old May 4th 2007, 11:56 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

I gave up smoking nearly 20 years ago and i'm proud to be the world worst Anti-smoker!!!

Can't wait for the smoking ban in public places...can't stand the smell.

Found out about 6 months ago that daughter smoked for a couple of weeks and was gutted ...she was less pleased when i took back her £20 pocket money stating that i wasn't prepared to pay for her to smoke and if she needs money then she'll need a job thing is this is impossible as she's only 15 and can't get a job because of her age. Oh i also gave her all the gorey facts about smoking...she stopped

Roll on July
Old May 5th 2007, 3:46 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Found out about 6 months ago that daughter smoked for a couple of weeks and was gutted ...she was less pleased when i took back her £20 pocket money stating that i wasn't prepared to pay for her to smoke and if she needs money then she'll need a job thing is this is impossible as she's only 15 and can't get a job because of her age. Oh i also gave her all the gorey facts about smoking...she stopped

Roll on July
I heartily approve, many congrats Mandie!

My father-in-law died 2 years ago this month. He had a few small heart attacks, pneumonia (yeah, thanks a bunch for passing it on to my daughter grrrrr), and emphysema. His heart and lungs just couldn't cope anymore. He couldn't even walk 10 feet (no joke) without getting winded. He died of a massive heart attack after just making it to the loo.

My parents are nearly his age. My Dad smoked for about 2 years when he did his national service back in the 50s. My Mum has never had a ciggie pass her lips. They eat well, swim every day and go out for frequent long walks in the country.

Guess whose way of life I want to follow most?

They put a smoking ban in place in Chicago a couple of years ago. All the pubs (well, OK, "pubs" per se don't really exist in the US ) and restaurants thought their business would go down, but it's been quite the opposite, and now they have a new, larger clientele.
Old May 5th 2007, 3:55 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

My grandfather started smoking at the age of 7 and it was this, probably more than anything, that led to his death at the age of.....93.

There is no PROOF that smoking causes cancer, you know.
Old May 5th 2007, 3:58 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
My grandfather started smoking at the age of 7 and it was this, probably more than anything, that led to his death at the age of.....93.

There is no PROOF that smoking causes cancer, you know.
Do you work for Phillip Morris or Marlboro? (or are you just trying to pick a fight?)

Oh sorry I forgot the lung cancer that my FIL was riddled with, my bad! Honest, he was. Absolutely riddled. It's amazing he lasted to 74, but he was in awful health all his life. His own stupid fault for not quitting guffing, boozing and for not exercising. He was exceedingly lucky that he had a very fast metabolism and virtually no appetite, otherwise he would have absolutely ballooned.
Old May 5th 2007, 3:59 am
Maz

Forgot to ask - what's the Matterhorn like? The nice chaps in Fat Freddy's Drop recommended it to me as a place for good music.
Old May 5th 2007, 4:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Maz
Forgot to ask - what's the Matterhorn like? The nice chaps in Fat Freddy's Drop recommended it to me as a place for good music.
Do you like pretentious bars where people think they are really hip and cool?

If so, matterhorn is your place.
Old May 5th 2007, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sky

Old May 5th 2007, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

* lights up a nice cigar and blows smoke in direction of thread *

2)
It is hard to quit smoking. Every one of them looks real good to me right about now. Every cigarette looks like it was made by God, rolled by Jesus and moistened shut with Claudia Schiffer's pussy.

That's the addiction - it's not a habit - otherwise, you would see that you need to move on from Claudia Schiffer .......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.