Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Slowly Starting to give up....

Slowly Starting to give up....

Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future
Default Slowly Starting to give up....

hope we will ever get to nz.

no cash, shit jobs, no savings, no capital, no handous or help from family etc.

life is just poo.

time is just standing still we feel, and no job offers, always rejections, cant even afford a flight each.

why is life so hard?

then i read posts of jobs being offered and unsure whether to go, i would be there regardless.

people who have gone and comeback how i envy them
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Slowly Starting to give up....

Originally Posted by krestsaf
hope we will ever get to nz.

no cash, shit jobs, no savings, no capital, no handous or help from family etc.

life is just poo.

time is just standing still we feel, and no job offers, always rejections, cant even afford a flight each.

why is life so hard?

then i read posts of jobs being offered and unsure whether to go, i would be there regardless.

people who have gone and comeback how i envy them
if it was just me then i would go but when you have the future of an 8 year old in your hands its a completely different kettle of fish,
i do wish you luck and im sure you will get there in the end you sure do sound determined, dont give up but make sure you dont put yopur life on hold whilst trying, and ease up on yourself .

karma comming your way
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Don't lose hope! We got here to NZ but we had to fight tooth and nail to be able to stay. Hubby is in IT with not enough formal qualifications to gain residency (Diploma in Business & Finance) but we have managed it with 3 kids! We came out as visitors on 25th June 07 (me in childcare but no recognised quals, hubby in IT) and started looking for work asap. We sat up each and every night emailing every employer on the Accredited Employers list and going through Seek/Jobs.co.nz etc. finally we got an offer of employment and slapped in for temp. visa for 2 years. On 7th Jan 08 we were Approved In Principle for our PR. No-one thought we would be staying, including ourselves at times, but we did it. With determination you can achieve your dream.

Why not step back, take a look at your finances and work towards gaining your work experience and then try again maybe 12m down the line? It's not impossible but you won't be handed it on a plate I'm sorry to say (not that you want it handed on a plate, please don't be offended as I'm just saying). Anyway, the best things in life are the things you have slogged your guts over and are proud of Just take some time to re-evaulate your situation and I bet it all becomes clear how you can achieve your dream
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future

just had email to say OH didnt get jobs she applied for.

so change of plan

1 whv for oz and 1 for nz 11mths in oz then over to nz to activate it stay 12 mths see which we prefer then go there for work, if it turns out to be oz then we will see about how at the time.

head up my arse at the moment
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:08 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a very sensible plan.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 10:47 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

You prolly dont like me at the moment having just read my response to your post about the murdered brit :-)

It took us about 18 months to get out here from application to getting the job offer and then flights. (May 2006 - December 2007)

We didnt try to rush, although it did feel sometimes like it was dragging on and never going to happen.

A lot could happen for you in 18 months to get yourselves sorted. the country will still be here - dont be hard on yourself.

I just posted this quote on someone elses thread and feel you could benefit from it too:

Don't let go of your dreams. If you have determination and belief in your dreams, you will succeed in spite of your desire to let go.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 10:51 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

krestsaf,

Sorry, you gotta come here. You promised to buy me a beer.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

I was in the same position as you, no money etc. It took me 5 long years to realise my dream of living and working in another culture. There were times I never thought I'd get here, but never let go of your goal. Maybe you have to be creative about how you do it, I went and got more qualifications at uni i.e.

As i sit here typing this in the sun overlooking one of JAFAland's harbours, it was worth every second of those difficult 5 years. NZ may not be it for me forever because the world is my oyster now, but until then contentment is bliss.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

backdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nice

We sold everything but the kitchen sink to come here. We bought cheap one way tickets and onlybrought 2 bags. We stayed in crap accomondations. It all came together, NZ is full of people that know what it is like to start fresh. The guy at our crap motel lent us his car, our landlord gave us furniture and let us bypass paying the bond until we got a few pay checks. I was surprised at the generosity of complete strangers. 8 months in and we are still sleeping on an air mattress but, the sun is shining and I am not shovelling snow !!!!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 7:52 am
Banned

pioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nicepioneer7 is just really nice

DONT GIVE UP!!!!

You can do it its a hard path and if you want it bad enough it will happen, lot of people can just breeze into it or give that impression but there are a heck of a lot out there like a few who have replied that have struggled and clawed it to climb the ladder.

Thinks for us are not perfect but we have a house, two cars, a dog and a flippin mortgage If we stayed in the UK I doubt we would have that (well maybe the dog). And did I mention we have the best outdoor lifestyle anywhere in the world with a river, forest mountains and see within reach.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:27 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you need to come see the GC