Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The slag off New Zealand Ultimate Thread.

The slag off New Zealand Ultimate Thread.

Old May 23rd 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The slag off New Zealand Ultimate Thread.

Originally Posted by Avid
Lower GDP than Egypt.

(IMF 2006 rankings)
Hi Avid, i like all your "quips"
GDP per capita is a more valid comparison, of course. NZ is above South Korea, but still near the bottom of industrial countries !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...al)_per_capita

Last edited by brussels_sprout; May 23rd 2007 at 6:58 pm.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:02 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Him and Me
Actually you'll find that Kev and sarah were right! go to www.timeanddate.com/worldclock it shows the time has 05.40 in Auckland we're 18.40 in the UK

No, I think they were correct.

NZ is always on GMT +12 hours, but because the UK is currently on British Summertime (GMT+1 hour) the time difference is only 11 hours at the moment.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you'll find that Kev and sarah were right! go to www.timeanddate.com/worldclock it shows the time has 05.40 in Auckland we're 18.40 in the UK
DID!
I repeat- NZ is 12 hours ahead of GMT
NZ is 11 hours ahead of London(UK) time. Why?
Because we put our clocks forward to BST!
Cazafizz posted NZ was 12 hrs ahead of GMT not of BST.
NZ also has a daylight saving period in its Summer months. For a short period of about two weeks there is a 12 hour time difference. NZ put its clocks BACK in March to GMT but during its summer NZ is also 1 hour ahead of GMT making a time difference of 13 hours during the UK winter months because we in UK put our clocks back to GMT in winter!!
Confused? How do you think I feel?!

Those of you who think you know it all are damn annoying to those of us who do.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:19 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

The beer really sucks.

Lion Red *Shudder*
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

I thought this was a slag off New Zealand thread not each other!!

I hadn't read the first thread was just responding to yours, so my apologies for that but theres no need to throw your toys out the pram and get stroppy.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

I hadn't read the first thread was just responding to yours, so my apologies for that but theres no need to throw your toys out the pram and get stroppy.
it gets like that..... I think we need to hand around some happy pills.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
it gets like that..... I think we need to hand around some happy pills.
I'll nip to our local school & get some
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
I'll nip to our local school & get some
classic! Have some karma!
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't mean to sound stroppy. I ain't got any toys left and just sold the pram.(Beautiful chaste white MX5 1.8iS. Suffering terrible withdrawals- but MOH said she wouldn't fit in the container!)

And I'm not young enough to know everything.
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:08 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

NZ along with Australia have the highest rates of skin cancer in the world.

About half of NZ's greenhouse gas emissions come from methane belched and farted by cows.

The NZ car emissions test involves: seeing if the exhaust emissions is smokey 10-15 seconds after starting the engine.

Inflation is high in NZ, therefore so are interest rates, and the NZ dollar.
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by southerner
About half of NZ's greenhouse gas emissions come from methane belched and farted by cows.

OK You win!
I'm not coming!
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:45 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

Thank you again
Cazafizz posted NZ was 12 hrs ahead of GMT not of BST.
Did i ever say I love the name Jennifer.

Bad things about NZ they let that Scot in to do one of the worlds un-funniest stand ups EVER FACT.
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Lets see if NZ do well in the rugby world cup....coz if they don't we won't get to see any more matches on TV when they loose interest in what other countries are doing. Same with any sports...I bet in NZ was doing crap in America's cup it would have been taken off TV weeks ago!
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZGrl
Same with any sports...I bet in NZ was doing crap in America's cup it would have been taken off TV weeks ago!
Now, that is really boring
Old May 24th 2007, 12:50 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I really hate is people who come to New Zealand only to complain.

The All Blacks will win the world cup. Lets see how well England do, I think they could lose to Samoa they are so bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.